AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the ability to connect straight to the xbox without the Advanced A/V or HD Packs. Take a look at the link. Will this drastically improve the performance of Monster's cables? If i want the best video and audio performance, should i go with Monster or stick with bettercables or markertek?

Monster Cables for Xbox

·
Registered
82 Posts
same thing as my monster component cables for my ps2 hehe

well as far as layout etc.. just one plug and out comes a bunch of plugs :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Seems to me that the av pack would offer a better solution. You can add ANY LENGTH AND TYPE of cables to it. What if i wanted an 8 inch cable? What if the cable i wanted to use was some super wizbang 150$ model? The monster is not so great. You have to buy a 65 dollar monster cable then a 35 dollar audio cable to conenct to it, since the monster doesnt have the digital cable included.

Not wanting to start a cable war, but monster will be releasing "high quality" ethernet cable and a power cord. GIVE ME A BREAK!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It all comes down to this!!! Which would look better...the xbox monster component that goes straight to the xbox OR the silver serpent from bettercables.com that has to go through the HD box?

Note - I've decided that i want the silver serpent cable IF i get the HD pack, so i'm not interested in other brands.

·
Registered
271 Posts
del: why? because it was made by microsoft?

I havnt seen any proof that the av pack is supposedly unsheilded.

Lets say it is though. It has an area of aproximatly 3 inches that is open. The cable running to it is definatly sheilded and any cables that would be plugged into it would be as well. I doubt your av center is alive and buzzing with enough interfearance that it would be worth paying 100$+ instead of using the microsoft version with SHORTER cables.

Here is a great example. I have found a better set of cables fo the ps2 than the monsters. They are from gamesharkgear and they only cost 15 where the monsters were close to 60. If this is any indication of the xbox version Id rather use a very short run of real component cables than the monsters.

·
Registered
564 Posts
monster cables are a rip support our forum sponsors Bettercables.com

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ciper, both of the AV packs are unshielded!!!! I know that we are uncertain of the quality of the monster cables and also of the amount of interference from the unshielded AV boxes, but which one will provide a better picture in all probability?

·
Registered
82 Posts
guys calm down

most monster cable products are marked up double if it cost 100 bucks at the store cost is around 50.. when they come out ill tell you what i can sell em for and help you out sheesh its only money calm down ;)

i have the ps2 cables and im happy with em and sell em to people all the time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I love my bettercables.com component cable and I have a xbox on preorder. I just read that the hd Microsoft connector was unshieled and felt a straight through cable that goes straight from the Tv to the xbox would give you a better picture. Tell Brad to make us one that has the xbox connector and count me in. I have nothing but love for Microsoft . I think the 65 list is a fair price if you add up Ms Hd pack and a good component cable from Brad your over a c-note. Loudspeaker find out what you can get me one for and email me.

Thanks

del

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.