2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  jsrdlr 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a suggesion for the best way to hookup an Xbox

to the Samsung 507. The component inputs are either 480i/480p

or 480p/720p/1080i. Since some games are 480i only, and others

support upto 1080i, it seems like I should connect to both input at the

same time?

Of course, the xbox HD output doesn't have dual outputs. Anyone know

where I can get a cheap decent HD video spliter? Or have a better way to hook these up?

#27 ·
Is it even possible to split a component video signal, or would you need a component A/B switch attached backwards? What would be nice is if you could do something like this:

1) Hook all of your devices with component outputs to a component audio/video switcher, such as the Audio Authority 1154. These devices might be XBox, PS2, Gamecube, and DVD player.

2) Hook the audio output of the switcher to your receiver.

3) Somehow split the component video output of the switcher and attach to both the 507's Component 1 and Component 2 inputs.

When using the PS2, Gamecube, DVD player, or XBox dashboard, you'd set the 507 to Component 1. When playing a 720p or 1080i XBox game you'd set the 507 to Component 2. XBox 480p games (currently over 99% of XBox games) and the DVD player (if progressive) would work on either Component 1 or Component 2.

This seems like a good workaround to Samsung's poor design choices. All I need is to figure out how to do #3.

#28 ·
Radioshack sells RCA plug Y-splitters that would allow you to hook up the X-Box to two component inputs. This experiment would cost only about $5. Somebody should try it. I would, but I don't have any X-Box or a Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.