AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I can hook my xbox one console to a monitor and tv at the same time . One to game on and the other for netflix and stuff. I don't wanna be disconnecting and reconnecting all the time . My tv is too big too game on. Is this possible if so how?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at same time. I will access each feature separately, my tv just too big to play on and the right size for Netflix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag409  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24591143


Is there a way I can hook my xbox one console to a monitor and tv at the same time . One to game on and the other for netflix and stuff. I don't wanna be disconnecting and reconnecting all the time . My tv is too big too game on. Is this possible if so how?
HDMI Splitter on the output, simple enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag409  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix/0_100#post_24591320


No not at same time. I will access each feature separately, my tv just too big to play on and the right size for Netflix.

How big a television do you consider to be too big to play games on? Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag409  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24591333


I thought so. I was just didn't want get it and it doesn't work. Thanks

The only thing that COULD crop up is some possible lag when playing games. I never used a switch before though so maybe switches do not add lag, not sure.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24594417


How big a television do you consider to be too big to play games on? Just curious.

I'm curious too. I'm playing on a 65" right now and I think it is too small.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24591321


HDMI Splitter on the output, simple enough.

This will result in the same image on both screens which is not what he is looking for. There is no way to put separate images on two separate displays at the same time from a single video output.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24595736


I'm curious too. I'm playing on a 65" right now and I think it is too small.

i have a 65 inch TV that I thought was too small. So now I have a 100 inch screen drop in front of TV with a projector. 😄
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24595741


This will result in the same image on both screens which is not what he is looking for. There is no way to put separate images on two separate displays at the same time from a single video output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iag409  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24591320


No not at same time. I will access each feature separately, my tv just too big to play on and the right size for Netflix.

Doesn't sound like the OP wants to have both on at the same time. A splitter will work fine for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24595741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24591321


HDMI Splitter on the output, simple enough.

This will result in the same image on both screens which is not what he is looking for.

I think that's exactly what he's looking for. You can only display one thing at a time on the Xbox. He wants to use the smaller screen when he's playing games and the larger screen when he's viewing video. He's not trying to do both at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24595736


I'm curious too. I'm playing on a 65" right now and I think it is too small.

Yup, I am about 6 feet from a 50" and have no issues...now if I had the room for a nice 120" PJ I would be all over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tv is 65" the bigger the tv the slower the response time, i'v learned this. And yes Michaeltscott is correct . I'm not going to play and view a vid at the same time
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24596981


If I used that theory to pick screen size. I would have a 19inch TV.

No, you would have a projector. The imaging chips are only around 1".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@mrlittlejeans. If u have a computer moniter, hook your XO to it and play COD you'll c what I'm talking about
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
37,973 Posts
If anything my 82" TV has a better response time than my little 27" monitor. The 82" is a DLP set while the 27" is LCD. DLP is many, many times faster than lcd. But either way, during gameplay, whether I'm using a 27" LCD, a 47" LCD, a 67" DLP or an 82" DLP, there are no problems playing the games. They are all fast enough not to have any issues. At least that has been the case with the displays I own.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag409  /t/1526686/xbox-one-and-netflix#post_24598319


@mrlittlejeans. If u have a computer moniter, hook your XO to it and play COD you'll c what I'm talking about

Video processing in the display is the biggest determinant of video lag, not the size of the display. There are plenty of big tv's out there with decent video lag stats. I have no desire to sit at a desk and play on a tiny monitor. I like to be comfortable when I game.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top