AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have encountered the following issues in the past month or so as an owner of 2 Xbox Ones:
  • 2011 Samsung Plasma - fried video processor board (later repaired - entire panel replaced after 2 failures in a row).
  • Panamax M5300 - totally fried (high voltage warning; won't recover)
  • New bedroom Samsung plasma, barely broken in - X1 turned itself on and all components (receiver, TV, etc.) overnight. Woke up to frozen screen with minor burn it but I was able to correct.
  • After the latest 1404 update, after turning off all components through the X1 off commands the night before, woke up to all system components being on except for the X1. Thankfully no static image thanks to my Onkyo going in and out of no signal status.

I mark all of this up to chance and string of bad luck but the X1 is the only new addition. However, if I am not alone, we have a serious issue here. My Panamax dying overnight last night was the last straw.

Anyone else experience these type of issues? Even something simple like the X1 turning components on overnight?

·
UHD Addict
38,369 Posts
If my XBOne did turn on my components overnight, I would never have known. Since I have it set to go back to standby after one hour of no use. So it would have turned off the components when i went to standby.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks aaronwt. I have my X1s set to turn off after one hour and they seem to do that fine but I always turn then off manually first. Problem is, the X1 seems to turn on and subsequently all connected components randomly.

Main issue I have is that the receivers and TVs won't turn off automatically, even sleep timers are overridden later, so they could go all night being on and potentially displaying a static image to the TVs

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've noticed that when I do a full shutdown of my x1 by holding the power button for 10 seconds, sometimes it takes a very long time for it to shut off my components.

When this happened the first few times I would shut off my components manually, then when the xbox would finally send the signal it would turn them back on. Happens because there aren't ir codes for off and on, only a off/on switch code for my tv and receiver.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like it was caused by the new update mechanism that enables full background system firmware/os updates. System turns itself on in "instant on" standby, installs the updates and then is supposed to shut itself back off. When the next update is ready to be pushed, you should make a note if it happens again and report it to the Xbox Update Preview forums.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had a problem with the Xbox 360 Slim doing strange things on Halloween night one year. The console would turn on and the disk tray would open and close by itself making the beeping noise as if someone was touching the open tray button. Did it about four or five times within a couple of hours. My girlfriend was scared and thought it was possessed. I was going to see about having it replaced but it never happened again after that night.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still having issues trying to launch some games from disk under the current beta version. I need to hard boot every time.

2 X1's in the house seems to be the problem in general.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc  /t/1523958/xbox-one-and-strange-paranormal-activity#post_24552879

I'm still having issues trying to launch some games from disk under the current beta version. I need to hard boot every time.

2 X1's in the house seems to be the problem in general.

I occasionally have the issue launching games from disc, and all I have to do is eject the disc and re-insert it. I know that doesn't work for everyone, but I'm glad I don't have to do a hard reboot every time.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man. I'll try that. Its been awhile.

Now that I think about it...I have the same issue on one X1 consistently when launching a DD only version of Titanfall, but only on one of the consoles (the original install).

Thankfully, the power on in the middle of the night issues have subsided. We'll see what happens on Halloween

Thanks

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
XB1 "turning on by itself" phenomenon started happening for me yesterday afternoon, a few times last evening and this morning when I woke up.

I noticed it first yesterday when I got home. All components were on, the screen on the XB1 was at the main menu but the screen was dim as if it were in away mode with no user signed in. I turned on the controller and the console wasn't responding to any of the buttons being pressed. I turned it off by touching the on/off button on the front console and thought nothing of it.

Then last night I turned off the lights and went to bed but unexpectedly got up to go to the kitchen. Again found the XB1, all my other components were on with ESPN tuned in pretty loud. I thought hmmmm...again turned controller on but buttons didn't respond and I turned it off again pressing the on/off button on the console.

Then the same thing this morning. All components on, Sportscenter running and controller wouldn't respond.

Ended up pressing the on/off button on the console for ten seconds until it shut off. I then unplugged the power cord and left it like that for the rest of the day as I had to leave to go to the J-O-B. I'll check up on why it's happening once I get home.

Ive been on the preview update but weird....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts