AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if I am the only one having this issue, but I recently switched from a plasma to a UN60H7150AFXZA
with a 240hz panel. I have never experienced this type of lag before, but everything is smooth besides the red dot scopes on any game, for example when viewing down a site looking at the red dot, then going in a circle the red dot streaks across the screen leaving about a 1 inch trail behind it... this is with game mode on....

Anyone experience this as well or know of a fix for it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
It appears that this TV model has an input lag of 74.9 ms, which is quite significant for serious gaming. I'm not sure how much Game mode improves that, but at best it probably brings it down to 40-45 ms which is ok, but not ideal. Refresh rate of the panel itself doesn't really have much to do with this.

Have you calibrated the picture in Game mode and turned off any additional processing while you're in that same picture mode, such as local dimming, dynamic contrast, auto motion plus etc? Other than the stuff I mentioned, I can't think of anything else that would affect the picture this way to cause that red dot issue you're having.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts