AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2588 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
was the price announced? Is it really only $300?

If so thats crazy because PS4.5 was said to be a lot more that that.

Reactions: Johnson93

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Looks like the high 4k Blu Ray drive prices will be plummeting with Consoles thankfully adopting the new 4k Blu Ray drives
I couldn't find any solid evidence of this anywhere except more talk about it on other forums and old news.
Any new links to support this ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's not clear at all if the console has a 4K Blu-Ray player. The only thing they announced is 4K streaming support. Where did you see the actual hardware specs?

Edit: About half of the news websites are also reporting 4K UHD Blu-Ray support, so let's hope it's true. If it is, this is a game changer for the format.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes it is clear, it said it right on the live stream it had a 4k blu ray player :)

Just shows how bad samsung is ripping people off with the current one lol. I will be buying the 500gb console (the 299 one) and i dont even play on console lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts

"Introducing the new Xbox One S. Play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Experience richer, more luminous colors in games and video with High Dynamic Range technology. Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray™ movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD. Includes the newly streamlined Xbox Wireless Controller."

·
Registered
222 Posts
"Introducing the new Xbox One S. Play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Experience richer, more luminous colors in games and video with High Dynamic Range technology. Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray™ movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD. Includes the newly streamlined Xbox Wireless Controller."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming! I'm still waiting for a Dolby Vision player but this is great news overall.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I couldn't find any solid evidence of this anywhere except more talk about it on other forums and old news.
Any new links to support this ?
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911184/microsoft-xbox-one-s-announced-price-specs-e3-2016

Outside of the new visual design, the Xbox One S also includes a few other improvements compared to its predecessor. Most notably, there’s 4K Ultra HD video support (including 4K Ultra HD Bluray) and HDR capabilities for both gaming and video. Meanwhile, one of the console’s USB ports has been moved to the front for easy access, along with the controller pairing button, and there’s a new built-in IR blaster. One thing has been removed, however: the Xbox One S doesn’t include a dedicated Kinect sensor port. If you want to hook up a Kinect for voice controls you’ll need a separate USB adaptor. (Microsoft says that there will be a program to offer the adaptors for free to existing Xbox One owners who decide to upgrade.)

·
Registered
803 Posts
The most important question though is will it feature two HDMI outs

one for video and another for audio like the Samsung UHD player?

If not then many people that don't have updated AVR equipment it will end up being useless for right?

·
Registered
34 Posts

If not then many people that don't have updated AVR equipment it will end up being useless for right?
According to a video I'm watching right now...
From left to right

Power Port - HDMI OUT - HDMI IN - SS USB 1 - SS USB 2 - IR OUT - S/PDIF - ETHERNET

·
Registered
545 Posts
Does it support Atmos or allow bitstream?.
YUP, there it is, it actually says it will play UHD Blu-rays.
It makes me think of something that's made out of white Lego bricks. :D

Promising, but not in stone. I'm still researching. I need to hear directly from MS. Reaching out to some on Twitter. We'll see if someone can confirm.

2TB Already up for pre-order though and I've got mine in. http://mjr.mn/1XkuDzs

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

I'm in that boat, maybe an HDMI splitter ???
I sure don't plan on blowing upwards of 1500.00$ on a ne AVR that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If it's going to play blu-rays like the Xbox One did at launch, they can take the One S and shuff it up their own S.
I mean, they still haven't fully fixed the blu-ray playback on the current xbone. Just saying'.

1 - 20 of 2588 Posts