AVS Forum banner

2581 - 2588 of 2588 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are correct about the Bluray part. No Dolby Vision for Bluray discs (yet). Besides that it works as you would expect.

Netflix does support HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, but has some disadvantages compared to Apple TV:
- Always 60 Hz. All 24 Hz content will be converted to 60 Hz. Some older TV's (like 2016 LG TV's) do not support Dolby Vision in 60 Hz mode.
- Always Dolby Atmos. 5.1 content will only use 5.1 speakers while others stay silent. No upmixing possible unless you switch to 5.1 uncompressed in Xbox settings manually.

I have no idea about Amazon Prime but I assume they have the same limitations as Netflix because these are true for all Xbox apps.
Netflix also always works in HDR (or Dolby Vision) mode. So SDR content is send as an HDR signal to your TV and does not use your SDR preferences.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is it still the case when playing back 4K UHD HDR Blu rays with 24hz selected that the colour space is BT2020 RGB? Is this negatively impacting the colour accuracy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it still the case when playing back 4K UHD HDR Blu rays with 24hz selected that the colour space is BT2020 RGB? Is this negatively impacting the colour accuracy?

I haven't heard about this (I'm fairly new) - did you have a link you could share?

When trying to consider a purchasing an xbox as a blu-ray player decison, I've been struggling to find a 'current-state'. It looks like there was historically quite a few problems that have been fixed up until a few months ago - but I wasn't aware of any current major issues.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I haven't heard about this (I'm fairly new) - did you have a link you could share?

When trying to consider a purchasing an xbox as a blu-ray player decison, I've been struggling to find a 'current-state'. It looks like there was historically quite a few problems that have been fixed up until a few months ago - but I wasn't aware of any current major issues.

Less you find, the better the situation.

I’ve been using my one S as a blu Ray player for a while and that’s the one thing it does without issues. The unit can bitstream properly and the video looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but there was a color decoding issue that was fixed a while back by a firmware update.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Is anybody else having issues with the XBOX One S not displaying Disney + content in UHD?
I have a Vizio P70 (1st gen 4K, no HDR) and everything on Disney + only shows up in 1080p and not in 4K on my XBOX ONE S. It works correctly with Amazon Prime and Netflix, so not sure what's going on here.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Does the xbox have a function to delay the audio so it can match the picture processing time?
I see no options at all when using the blu ray player. Seems pretty basic and upset they have not improved it for so long.

2581 - 2588 of 2588 Posts