AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Thanks! It's there in the latest preview update under settings > preferences!

However, based on what I've read so far, there are no plans to turn it on any time soon. I will check a Windows 10 PC preview build to see if anything changed there.

Here's a pic of the setting from that thread and what I'm seeing as well:

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
In the latest release of the imbedded Windows 10 Xbox app, under connection settings...

It now says: "Connect to your Xbox One console here to stream your favorite console games directly to your PC."
It's not enabled of course but we're so close!
Thanks again.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
I can't wait to play my Xbox One games on any screen in the house, at any time, with a real controller...priority big-screen seating can be hard to come by at my place. Even more multi-tasking abilities will be nice too when the big game is on. Better yet, I don't need to buy anymore Xbox One's. Oh, and it's free! No extra handheld or mirroring device needed.

On the Surface (hint, hint) this looks like a blatant attempt just to get you to buy some cool new Windows 10 capable gear. However, if you really think about it, it's an even more blatant attempt to get you to buy into the overall Windows ecosystem and control your total screen time. :eek::) :D

Seriously, I think most of us are already there with one PC/Phone/Tablet OS or another, might as well game on it! Did I mention free? :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't wait to play my Xbox One games on any screen in the house, at any time, with a real controller...priority big-screen seating can be hard to come by at my place. Even more multi-tasking abilities will be nice too when the big game is on. Better yet, I don't need to buy anymore Xbox One's. Oh, and it's free! No extra handheld or mirroring device needed.

On the Surface (hint, hint) this looks like a blatant attempt just to get you to buy some cool new Windows 10 capable gear. However, if you really think about it, it's an even more blatant attempt to get you to buy into the overall Windows ecosystem and control your total screen time. :eek::) :D

Seriously, I think most of us are already there with one PC/Phone/Tablet OS or another, might as well game on it! Did I mention free? :)
Truth!
The wife can be watching TV with the Xbox One OTA Tuner (or Netflix or Amazon Prime) and I can be in the other room playing an Xbox One game on my Window Phone, or PC, or I might even purchase a Surface 3! Then I can play on the deck, in bed, in the garage, just about anywhere that I can get a good WiFi signal.

I hope that they can do split screen with each PC/Phone/Other device as their own corner/half of the playing screen.

I guess I have to purchase an Xbox One first.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
What's the practical application of this? I can't think of a scenario where I would want to do this.
Also say you're watching a playoff game and want to play a single player title, now you can do both, not worry about needing PIP or anything like that. Biggest benefit will be for those who have to share a TV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts