AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys I am new to this so I thought of giving it a shot! I am a pretty tech savvy person with most things but I am new to the world of receivers and surround sound.

My issue is that I recently bought the xbox one and I still have yet to figure out how to make it work with my Pioneer VSX 822 receiver. I used to have the xbox 360 and i didnt have to change any settings it worked perfectly in 1080P. But when I try to hook up Xbox one to the receiver the TV is blank and i only have sound. It doesnt work even on 480P. Now my TV is about 5-6 years old and is a magnovox but it plays 1080P on my cable and everything else. Also I plugged the Xbox one into my TV directly and it works fine in 720P but not in 1080P. According to the specs on pioneer's website it says that the receiver is capable of 1080P with a 36 bit per pixel.

I am just wondering what to do or if I havent played around with the settings enough? I am running all audio quest HDMI cables too that are silver plated and 70 bucks each so i doubt its the cables. Im wondering if its the TV or if i dont have the receiver set to the right HDMI pass through or what because i have read hundreds of post on similar situations and im still stuck. Worse comes to worst i am buying an optical cable today after class and i could run that from the Xbox to my receiver. However, I would much rather have everything just run through the receiver because it would make the picture quality better if i can get it to work.

Any help, comments, tips, or ideas are greatly appreciated. I am just so eager to get it to work because i recently bought Titan fall and i want to enjoy the full experience in surround sound.
THANKS!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Ok first step I would try is use the HDMI cable supplied with the Xbox One and just connect directly to the TV and see what happens. I know you said you did that and only got 720p but you didn't specify if you used your cables or the one that came with the Xbox. Don't even bother with the cable box yet, just try to get that down. If that works for 1080p then try introducing the receiver. I would use the exact same input you used for the 360 if you aren't already. Try using the Xbox supplied cable between receiver and TV if not successful between use it between Xbox and receiver. Let's start there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ok, I used the cable the Xbox one came with and plugged that directly in to the TV and it worked, but it only worked in 720P not 1080P. Also I dont think i even want to bother with connecting my cable box up to the Xbox. Im just gonna leave that separate.What do you mean by try to introduce the receiver? like plug the xbox into it?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellosu  /t/1524408/xbox-one-video-issues-on-pioneer-vsx-822-reciever#post_24533496

Ok, I used the cable the Xbox one came with and plugged that directly in to the TV and it worked, but it only worked in 720P not 1080P. Also I dont think i even want to bother with connecting my cable box up to the Xbox. Im just gonna leave that separate.What do you mean by try to introduce the receiver? like plug the xbox into it?
Sorry for the late reply. Ok since you've tried two different cables and have came up with the same results we can assume it's not the cables. What model TV do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a Magnavox T8 something it's about 5-6

Years old which I played Xbox 360 on in 1080P through the receiver no problem. Late last night I finally got the Xbox one to work through the receiver but everytime I start it up

It takes about a minute for the screen to display and it gets all blurry/white/black pixelated but eventually it works. But it only works in 720 and I had to change the settings to 36 pixel per second and change RGB to fill instead of limited. So I'm wondering if it's just the TV since it won't work in 1080P. Also when I set the HDMI on the Xbox to 5.1 uncompressed my receiver acts as a 7.1 (which it isn't) because when I adjust the db channel levels it shows a SRBL and SRBR which I don't have those because it's a 5.1 and also my subwoofer doesn't seem to produce that much bass compared to games when I played Xbox 360. I was wondering what setting to put the receiver on to get full sound because I normally just

Left it on EXT Stereo and Dolby digital and it was perfect but now it gives me these PCM or PCRM options or whatever so I'm confused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts