AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got NBA2K3 for Xbox, and in the instruction manual, they say to "enable" progressive scan, I need to hold down the face buttons (the four colored main buttons on the controller) while the "XBOX" screen is loading to "turn on" the high-resulution mode.

I called Microsoft and asked them about this, and their response was that if you turn on the high-res modes in the dashboard, they should remain enabled as long as your TV supports it (basically, the guy told me what I already knew).

So I try the trick. Well, the screen blinks out for a second, and the game looks amazing (running in 1080i on my TV). Then I try it with Halo. And amazingly, the game looks *incredibly* sharper. Same with PDO.

What the heck gives? Why isn't this more well-known? Anyway, give it a try if you have a HDTV, and see the difference it makes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sega didn't print separate manuals for the 3 versions of NBA2K3, those instructions are for the PS2 version.

Also, NBA2K3 doesn't go into 720p until after the ESPN intro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then why does the screen blink when you do the above actions (ala enabling Progressive for GC)?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I saw a post here recently about how to improve this problem. I don't think that it was on a service menu, it was easy to adjust. Try a search..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.