AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way my setup is configured, if I plug in my Xbox to the Comp. inputs of my PT-L300U, the picture would be too big. (I use VGA for the connection of the HTPC TO the Projector)

anyway I can feed the Xbox into the computer via Component cables, and scale it with Dscaler and output through VGA to my projector? Or any other means?

·
Registered
603 Posts
It really shouldn't be too big. Have you messed with the settings on the dashboard? What resolution do you have it sending?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have Xbox hooked up yet, nor do I have DScaler.

I'm wondering if Ican hook Xbox TO my HTPC using componenet inputs and use DScaler to pass it through to my Projector scaled down...?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Let us know when you find a tv-in card with component inputs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't know why you would want to do that. Just use your xbox's component outs and feed them to the L300U's component ins. It will provide the best picture and allow for hd resolutions. The only available solution I know of is the Holo3D II which costs a LOT of money.

If you really want to use dscaler then get a capture card with an svideo input and do it that way.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I connect the Xbox directly, the picture will be too large. I have it scaled for anamorphic video, which leaves a 4:3 or standard 16:9 picture above and below the screen.

I use TheaterTek to scale down the image.

I want to do the same thing for Xbox.

But I guess it's not possible?

·
Registered
318 Posts
The holograph 1 can accept 480i, this is what I have been using for over a year now. This card can be had for a lot less than what I paid but it is still relatively expensive.

Good Luck

Rick

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I'm taking it that the L300U doesn't have different settings for different inputs? So something using the component ins would have to use the same exact settings?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The L300U is a manual zoom projector. So to use Xbox I would have to zoom in and out everytime I use it. And I don't even know if THAT would be small enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.