AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to know how other front projector users have their XBOX's connected. My projector has a VGA input. I'm switching the component sources (DVD, HD SAT & XBOX) via a Denon AVR4802 and running the component output to a Key Digital component to VGA transcoder. An Extron SW2 VGA switcher lets me switch between the component signal and the VGA output from my DVDO iSCAN which carries the signals from a seldom used VCR and the S-VIDEO output of my satellite receiver.

What I'd like to know is, has anyone used a component-to-VGA cable in place of a transcoder?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I use a component to VGA cable, but my PJ (Panasonic 711XU) supports component over VGA, which many do not. Which PJ do you have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an Electrohome Marquee 8000. The only video module it has is VGA. The transcoder's working pretty good right now but I'd eventually like to get a switcher that give me input for at least sources.

·
Registered
16,530 Posts
The E-Home 8000 will not allow component over VGA but there is a Component input card for the Marquee's [ or the switcher as you mentioned ] .

--- Jason

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jason. I was afraid of that. I had considered adding a card to my PJ but they're quite pricey. I think just getting a switcher with more inputs will do fine. I really won't need more inputs unless I decide to build an HTPC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.