AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're setting up a new system including a non-HDMI Xbox360. Using a receiver which is also non-HDMI, a Marantz SR5400. Our new 50" Panny PX80 will be mounted on the wall and all A/V components will be in a console to the side with wiring thru the walls and ceiling to the TV, a run of 20-25 feet. So far I've got 2 25-foot HDMI's from the cable box and from the BluRay to the TV and audios from them going to the Marantz via dig. optical. We'll need to run component from the Xbox to the TV somehow. Since the Xbox-supplied proprietary cable is only about 6 feet long, should I run them to the Marantz and then on to the TV? Should we use component cable extensions and go straight from the Xbox to the TV? Long cables cost some $ so I don't want to get the wrong ones!

·
Registered
416 Posts
long component cables doesn't cost that much, to me at least if you shop at the right place. I would use your receiver as that is part of the reason why it is there. You may want to consider a matrix switch at your equipment level then you can have all your sources on hdmi.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
25' component can be had for $20-$30 at Monoprice. Not expensive at all comparatively.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, so we'd connect Xbox component cables to the Marantz, and component out to the TV. Stupid question may be but would that be 3-RCA (video only) or 5-RCA from the receiver to the TV? Yes, I've seen how low-priced 25 feet of component cable is - pretty mindblowing actually. I also just noticed 25-foot HDMI cables are on back-order at monoprice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sirjon, yes that would be the best solution, but a new HDMI receiver is not in the budget right now and the SR5400 is more than adequate. While I know the system I'm cobbling together won't be optimal, my wife and kids will be blown away.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZerria /forum/post/15520608

Thanks, so we'd connect Xbox component cables to the Marantz, and component out to the TV. Stupid question may be but would that be 3-RCA (video only) or 5-RCA from the receiver to the TV? Yes, I've seen how low-priced 25 feet of component cable is - pretty mindblowing actually. I also just noticed 25-foot HDMI cables are on back-order at monoprice.

I would imagine the best course of action would be component video and optical audio to the receiver then component video out of the receiver to the TV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts