AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my xbox working on my 4800 (aka x1). I have the HD pack and am running thru the component to vga connector, but when the xbox boots, I can't get ANY video. How did you get into the setup menu to enable progressive scan (req'd for the VGA input on the x1) without being able to SEE it because it's initially in 480I? Is there some way to force the xbox into progressive mode on startup? What a pain....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hook up the green cable (from the hd pack) to your X1's composite input (yellow) while the other 2 cables are hooked to the component side. You will be able to see the dashboard and make your hd selections. Then hook the green back to the hd cable and reboot and it will be in hd mode. You will still not see the dashboard when it comes up but when you put the game in it will work fine. If a game is only 480i then you can not play it from the component side though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have the component video hooked-up becuase my reciever pipes everything coming in thru the component video out (ie. I have no interlaced inputs). I can tell you this, the video needed a LOT of tweaking to be playable. You need to be a good 13 feet away from a 100" screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.