AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently there are several Xbox wireless controllers, but they don't work so well with Xbox Live because the expansion slots are on the receiver, not the controller. I think I remember reading a thread a long time ago about using a bluetooth adapter or some other gadget to get a wireless headset/mic to work with wireless xbox controllers? Anyone know about how to do it?

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
I don't play on XBOX Live nearly as much as single player games. I really like the Logitiech controller despite the fact you have to do the headset thing. I just use the wired headset for that. If distance is the issue you can use an extender. You get an extender with the Dance pad game, which I use with my headset. At least it is only one wire.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Once setup with the Xbox headset people have used alternate wirelss replacements from the receiver. Jabra Freespeak with the 2.5mm adapter (Ebay can be had for $70 - retail is $200) is probably the best high-end solution although I imagine others exist. There is a wireless xbox headset coming out mid-February (I saw it listed on EBGames) but there is almost no info and the price was around $60. I don't own the Jabra but there are two models one without and one with bluetooth. I am certain the non-bluetooth will work but I'm unsure about the BT enabled one.

Of all the Xbox wireless options the Logitech seems to be widely accepted as the best with other options falling short. The price is around $70 for this unit but I will vouch that if you sit fairly far back and get any foottraffic between yourself and the set you will appreciate it from day 1.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a rebate on the logitech wireless ~$10 I think - Check their website (updated - http://*******.com/ytr4r )

·
Registered
155 Posts
I saw this a while back and wondered if it would work.
www.xtalk.com

The name seems appropriate. If anyone gets one please post the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.