Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm using a xbox with the advanced a/v pack (with the component hookups) and trying to connect to my infocus x1...I'm using a cable that has the component rca connectors on one end and hooks up into the computer monitor port on the x1 (rgb?) on the other.

I get no image...it just says searching.

I disconnected the cable from my xbox and connected it to the component hookups on the back of my Panasonic Progressive Scan DVD player..and VOILA..image is lovely.

Hook back up to xbox...nothing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
82 Posts
U need to set the xbox to output progressive. This can only be achieved when certain AV packs are hooked up (and the one you have should do it). Push the Green connector into the composite input to get this working.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand you...I tried hooking up just the green cable (left the blue and red unattached) to the av pack on the xbox...but no luck. The projector didn't show any images.

I should mention that the particular cable I purchased has 5 wires on the end, including a black and white wire that I don't attach anywhere.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You need to connect all three cables (RGB) to get video from the high-def pack. BUT, you also have to enable the settings in the dashboard for 480p, 720p, and 1080i, otherwise, the Xbox defaults to 480i through the component cables. Unfortunately, the dashboard is only in 480i. So, if your X1 doesn't accept 480i through the component inputs, you've got a problem. There's no way to enable the settings without the high-def pack attached, and if you can't see the settings with it attached, it's hard to change them.

Looking at the X1 user manual, 480i is not supported through the computer input. You'll need to connect the component cables to s-video input through a component to s-video adapter, change the settings, then connect the component cables through the computer input. You won't be able to see the dashboard or play DVD's after you do this, though.

bakem

·
Registered
73 Posts
what kickback is saying will probably work, too. i didn't read his post carefully enough. if you connect the green to the COMPOSITE input on your X1, not the component input, you may be able to see the dashboard and change the settings, then reconnect to the component input and game on in 480p and HD glory.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I totally understand now. I just made the changes and it did exactly as you indicated. Heck, who needs a stinkin' dashboard? ;)

It would be nice if Microsoft updated the dashboard via xbox live at some point to handle this situation for us...

·
Registered
73 Posts
No problem. Glad to help out.

The dashboard being in 480p would be nice, especially since there are so many displays without 480i support on their component HD inputs. But, as you said, who needs the stinkin' dashboard!

bakem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.