AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

To preempt all those who are going to hammer me for starting a thread on a subject which has been discussed in other existing threads, please let me assure you that I throughly reviewed all threads relating to this matter and have tried and tested all suggested methods without any success. Quite frankly, I am not convinced anyone has suggested a confirmed and working method of achieving 1080p via VGA into a D64U.

As per the suggestions from those other threads, I have updated my TV to the absolute latest firmware, I have tried "waiting it out" while the TV "tries to sort out the signal", I have tried switching back and forth from another input and back, honestly...I have gone over everything...tried everything, with absolutely zero success.

I am really desperate for a solution and I'm starting to wonder if this is really possible or if it's just false rumors and people thinking they achieved 1080p when in fact they did not.

When I boot up my Xbox (in 1080p), the TV does not give me any error message at all (I can't help but wonder why everyone else sees a signal incompatibility error and all I get is a black screen). It simply displays a black screen and in the top right corner it says "INPUT7 ANALOG, Video: 480i". That's it. For whatever it's worth, it displays just perfectly in all other (albeit) lower resolutions - and the Xbox does work in 1080p on my 24" Dell PC Monitor.

Could some kind person please help me to resolve this if it is indeed possible? Has anyone managed to find a full proof method?

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
The current version of the D64U does not claim to support it's native resolution of 1920 x 1080 via the VGA port. Whoever made that decision at Sharp should be fired. From the Official Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U/46D64U/52D64U Owner's Thread II (No Price Talk) I understand that previous firmware revisions did support the native resolution.

I recently purchased both a 42" and a 52" D64U and spent hours trying trying to get what I thought I paid for (1920 x 1080) from numerous laptops via the VGA port and am convinced this was designed out of the panel in the latest firmware "upgrades".

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can confirm that I purchased a S/N 707 model back in November, which had banding issues which drove me nuts BUT I was able to play my 360 in glorious 1080p through VGA! Then when they replaced my panel, a main board, another main board, I was left with the good ol' "480i" input. &*@!(%(#(*(%*(!!!!!!!!

Now I am the crying owner of a new unit direct from Huntington Beach CA and tonight I am able to confirm the max resolution I can get is 768 (720)... So same thing: in the newer televisions/firmware versions, they have done away with letting we proud xbox 360 owners watch HD movies and play games in 1080p.

My options are now: new television to replace this piece of junk, or new 360 with HDMI and then start debating what gets HDMI inputs and what doesn't...

good luck (to all of us)!

·
Registered
15 Posts
for most if not all games the 360 does not render in 1080p. rather it renders in 720p and upconverts it to 1080p. I would presume that your tv would upconvert video to 1080p by itself...

that said, if you still feel the need for 1080p xbox 360 action i think they did make a hdmi out cable for 360s built before hdmi ports came standard on the 360. you may be able to find one on ebay or at gamestop or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts