AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we are using our home PC as a file server for the XBOX 360, can we save games/patches directly onto the PC hard drive? Will we even need the optional hard drive currectly being offered?

Thanks for the comments/answers to all of you experts out there!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I doubt it since some of that stuff will be protected. If you get all the patches/demos/etc and pass it along to someone without Live I don't think they would like it. It's most likely to read only off your PC.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
And the actual HD will probably be supported by a few of the bigger titles giving you a little better gaming experience when it comes to loading parts of levels, etc.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Some games on the PC require, or strongly suggest that you use your main drive for the game. While I think a PC could be used for saves I doubt it could be used for too much more than that for in game stuff but I might be wrong I think it would be too slow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about just game saves? If my system does not have a hard drive but is connected to my PC, will it not allow me to save? Has anyone heard of any "official" details on this yet?

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Nothing official. They probably won't allow it so that you are forced to get the HD or memory card. It would be nice to be able to save stuff to pc using the network or even using usb storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.