Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

"The detachable hard drives may be swapped between Xbox 360 units. Additionally, J Allard, the chief of Microsoft's Xbox division, has stated that Microsoft may market larger detachable hard drives for the Xbox 360 in the future, and that territories outside of North America may have a differently sized hard drive included with the retail unit (for example, he indicated that MS may consider including a 60 GB hard drive with the Xbox 360 in Japan)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_36...ble_Hard_Drive

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey
Actually I didn't, but thanks for the heads up..

So is this probably just some random posting then?
Yeah, the intention of Wikipedia is pretty cool. Meant to be a FAQ type thing where people can contribute. Heck, if you have cool Xbox360 info that you think is relevant and isn't posted yet, you could put it in yourself. A way to immortalize yourself. ;)

The problem is there's too much speculation and just plain wrong info that people put in that they "heard somewhere." I'm sure someone probably wrote that the PS3 is a future supercomputer that will be used to fine a cure for cancer in their wiki page.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I see no reason why the 2.5" HDD cannot be mirrored with a much larger 2.5" user-serviced drive. I think Microsoft needs to consider making a 'special' hard drive that is really a PMP with a nice 2.5-4" OLED screen and compete in the Portable Media Player market while interfacing like a traditional console HDD. Heck, make it a PDA, PMP, cellphone, and X360 HDD all in one. Offer it in a Titanium case and sell it for $500. They can call it uPod.

·
Registered
447 Posts
but thats the problem, we/they dont know WHAT is wrong, a ton of the info that we have is speculation, like with the HD-DVD drive, what happens with that stupid Origen countdown, this hard drive thing, and some other stuff. i dont know if they will remove things that *could* be true vs. just blatantly false info.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
30-40gb 2.5" drives are in the same price range as 20gb. I'm surprised MS opted for a 20gb drive.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
don't be suprised if ps3 has solid-state drive option. 360 is starting to look previous gen

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff
don't be suprised if ps3 has solid-state drive option. 360 is starting to look previous gen
Why don't you go hang out in some pro-Sony threads?

Oh, wait, there aren't any. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFerret
Why don't you go hang out in some pro-Sony threads?

Oh, wait, there aren't any. :D
That's funny...

There are Sony fans in some of the other sections (for example, folks love their Sony LCDs in Rear Projection Units). We Samsung DLP owners are often accused of being the whining fanboyz there. Discussions are not nearly as passionate as the gamer talk here however.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I'm all for objectivity, but when someone posts something to knock something in favor of their religion when their religion isn't even the topic of a thread it becomes nothing more than a troll initiative, which is how I took the post by ileff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.