AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i wa wondering how i can transfer music or pictures from my PC to my xbox360 without having the MCE software.. thanks..

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo79 /forum/post/0

hey guys,

i wa wondering how i can transfer music or pictures from my PC to my xbox360 without having the MCE software.. thanks..

You mean stream them right? Just use Media Player 11, though the setup can be a hassle. I had to start a few services by hand. Enjoy!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/0

You mean stream them right? Just use Media Player 11, though the setup can be a hassle. I had to start a few services by hand. Enjoy!

i did download it ..but i couldn`t sync (if this is what i have to use ) the pc with the xbox360 ..could you please tell me how you did it ?? thanks

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizo79 /forum/post/0

i did download it ..but i couldn`t sync (if this is what i have to use ) the pc with the xbox360 ..could you please tell me how you did it ?? thanks

Check the official forums, this has it's own section. There are 1,001 different ways to have this get screwed up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just set this up yesterday with WMP11 on my setup. I'm using a linksys wireless router and the official MS wireless network adapter, btw.

Anyway, with the xbox 360 on and in dashboard, I downloaded and installed WMP11 on teh PC. Then in WMP11, click on "Library>Media Sharing" Click "Share my media" and it'll search for compatible sharing devices on your network. Hopefully, it'll find the xbox360, click on it and select "Allow"

Then go to your xbox dashboard in teh media blade, select music>computer. It'll give you a warning that you need software running on your PC, just click "yes, I have it installed and running" (something like that) and it will search and hopefully find your PC.

You should be all set after that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshp1 /forum/post/0

I just set this up yesterday with WMP11 on my setup. I'm using a linksys wireless router and the official MS wireless network adapter, btw.

Anyway, with the xbox 360 on and in dashboard, I downloaded and installed WMP11 on teh PC. Then in WMP11, click on "Library>Media Sharing" Click "Share my media" and it'll search for compatible sharing devices on your network. Hopefully, it'll find the xbox360, click on it and select "Allow"

Then go to your xbox dashboard in teh media blade, select music>computer. It'll give you a warning that you need software running on your PC, just click "yes, I have it installed and running" (something like that) and it will search and hopefully find your PC.

thanks it worked

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshp1 /forum/post/0

I realize we already have 8 stickies but we may want to put this up there as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.