AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the XBR4, if you take 120Hz out of the equation (or turn it off), does it then become a twin of the W3000 or does the XBR4 still have more going for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
well i saw both TVs in BestBuy and both show great Picture quality. The XBR4 showed a little better Picture quality but both are similar. The only difference is the 120hz. Go with the W3000. 120hz is new technology and their isnt much of a difference with the 60hz.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_d2007 /forum/post/12905655

With the XBR4, if you take 120Hz out of the equation (or turn it off), does it then become a twin of the W3000 or does the XBR4 still have more going for it?

Thanks

W3000 since the 120Hz tech really isn't worth the price difference at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having problems programming my new w3000 to my Sony STR-DG710. The Sony tv and amp have "theater sync" to operate both units with one remote.Component 1 port on tv is connected from tv to the amp to DVD. HDMI 3 port(satellite feed) runs from tv to amp using the "video 2" input on amp from sat box. The (OTA)tv input on the tv selects the tv input on the amp and works fine. If I choose input HDMI 3 on tv, the amp automatically changes its input to video2 to view and hear the sat feed. If I choose the DVD input on tv, the amp will not select the DVD input but rather selects the tv input. If I manually change the amp input to DVD, the tv changes its input from DVD to HDMI 3. Are you as confused as I am by now? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts

Quote:

Thanks

Other differences:

1) XBR uses BRAVIA Engine PRO, versus BRAVIA engine EX on the W series

2) XBR has 2000:1 static contrast ratio, versus 1800:1 on W series

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:

Thanks

Watch a movie at 1080p/24Hz with Cinemotion On/Off....i'm sorry, but there is ONE BIG DIFFERENCE in the picture. Some like it, some don't. I LOVE IT and would never consider watching movies LIFE-LIKE without the aid of the Cinemotion which is only available on the XBR 4/5's. After viewing the POTC AWE with Cinemotion engaged, i sold my plasma and bought the tv all in less than 10 days. It's THAT good. Of course, it's just my opinion and what do I know? I mean, i only own 3 OF THESE SETS!!!!
(46xbr4, 46xbr5 and 52xbr4)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts