AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off just want to say this site has been very informative in my research, thanks for all the great info--

My dilemma is I have a Bravia 40XBR1 mounted in my main room, but im also planning on getting a 40xbr3. My plan is to mount the XBR3 where the XBR1 is currently with the same bracket. According to the Sanus site, this bracket i have works for both, my question is if anyone knows if the brackets would secure to both of these tv's in the same area. Moving the bracket is out of the question since its all set up properly with mounted speakers....(i saw the xbr3 is 4 inches wider but that wont be a problem, its mostly the height in relation to my center channel)

thanks guys--

patrick

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsc23 /forum/post/0

First off just want to say this site has been very informative in my research, thanks for all the great info--

My dilemma is I have a Bravia 40XBR1 mounted in my main room, but im also planning on getting a 40xbr3. My plan is to mount the XBR3 where the XBR1 is currently with the same bracket. According to the Sanus site, this bracket i have works for both, my question is if anyone knows if the brackets would secure to both of these tv's in the same area. Moving the bracket is out of the question since its all set up properly with mounted speakers....(i saw the xbr3 is 4 inches wider but that wont be a problem, its mostly the height in relation to my center channel)

thanks guys--

patrick

Can you download the XBR3 manual from Sony's website? Typically, they include the mounting point dimensions on a drawing in the back of the manual. Compare that to an XBR1 and you're set.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i looked over the manuals i can't cant seem to get a definite answer on this--

i also called sony style and tech support, no answer--

other than going to the store, can anyone here answer this? anyone here have both models by chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.