Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 52LNT71F

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been done to death, but i am literally on way to store to purchase either one.....im a little scared about all the horror stories i have read with the sammy.....not so much horror stuff about the xbr4

From the store i like the Sammy better, but i just dont know anymore

Which one? price is basically the same ($200 difference in the xbr4)

·
Registered
6,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbull271 /forum/post/12945404

I know its been done to death, but i am literally on way to store to purchase either one.....im a little scared about all the horror stories i have read with the sammy.....not so much horror stuff about the xbr4

The Sammy looks great to me too. But it has the glossy glass that improves contrast. Just make sure that you have the right area to put it. Glare could be a major issue.

Also theres a ton of complaining here that can scare folks (alot BS too). Buy local and get a no questions asked return policy and you should be happy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband /forum/post/12945422

The Sammy looks great to me too. But it has the glossy glass that improves contrast. Just make sure that you have the right area to put it. Glare could be a major issue.

Also theres a ton of complaining here that can scare folks (alot BS too). Buy local and get a no questions asked return policy and you should be happy.

i have 30 dys no quests asked refund....no restock fee either....

I loved the sammy in the store, but reading some stuff on here (500+ thread of horror stories) I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I was originally going with the xbr4.....LOVED it....then noticed the 71f next to it, saw it had higher contrast, and watched it more, and fell in love with it.....

I will say one thing, i love the 120hz feature (why im buying it) i like tht "3D" look....i had both sets on "high" 120hz, and the sony had some smearing. (well actually alot) I dont know if there was a setting on the sony that could have eliminated the smearing when 120hz set to high. The sammy had NO smearing.....i intend to keep this feature set to high regardles which set i choose

Like i said, i think the sammy had better PQ, and better 120hz feature, with the sony a half step behind..... but id rather have the xbr4 than the sammy ESPECIALLY being all the probs that sammy users have been posting about, and that sammy doesnt even have a fix for (prob never will)

Anybody that reads this thread and dosent feel like posting fine, but just please at least vote on which one, as your opinions mean that much to me and my purchase.....thanks to all

·
Registered
453 Posts
XBR4 has better PQ IMO

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Quote:

i have the samsung and i have had a lot of problems( i got a bad batch tho confirmed by samsung) other than that i do love it, picture is awesome, i love the glossy screen, but i am kinda in the same boat as you, something about the xbr4 just wont leave my mind and i dont know if i want to keep the 71(when i get one in tact) or just say screw it and get the xbr4, hard choice

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:

had both in my house but in the 40inch variety. the sammy is kick ass....but...the stutter was bad at times and the tbe was present also at times. the problem with the stuttering is at time i couldn't get it to stop when i shut down the amp and i would have to flip it into game mode which decreases pq. 2nd, glare not terrible but with my window directly shining sun at the screen, it was a problem i wasn't ready to deal with. i have the xbr now. no tbe, very,very little stutter at times but nothing to really even mention. The glare is less on the xbr. the pq imo is a little better for the sammy but i took the sony because it's much less problems for me in my situation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
XBR is winning.. hm, I might buy both with the intention of returning both.. lol. 1 from Futureshop and 1 from Best Buy.. then I can decide which TV I'll actually buy when I can get a great deal on them.

It seems really close. The glossy screen to me looks so sexy in the showroom and lighting in my room isn't really a factor either.. well, at least not when watching movies. But, who plays video games in the dark? I have never.. I'm curious on how bad the light reflection really is, because I can't notice it on my CRT screen unless the TV has a really dark scene on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts