AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've had my 36" XBR400 for a couple of months now, and I'm just wondering what people are using for a TV stand.

I first got a Boltz steel stand, but I wasn't paying attention and the 36" was too deep (I used it for my old 32" until the TV came).

I now have a Sanus NF213B which in theory holds it, and has a capacity of 300 lbs I think. But it does have some sway/give from front to back, which doesn't excite me, esp. since I live in CA. I think the flaw is the front side of the braces which go into wood instead of a stell plate.

I don't particularly like the matching Sony stand as I think it's pretty damn ugly.

So I was wondering, anyone with these huge > 200lb sets, what are you using to hold these things up? The sony is a pain because it's a bit deeper (22") than most other TV's and alot of stuff won't hold it...

I'm contemplating seeing if I can get some artist or welder to make something for me, or seeing what kind of mods I can do to the Sanus to make it as rigid as possible.

cwikla

P.S. Anyone with a < 200lb TV looking for some stands, just let me know. I'll make you a good deal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cwikla:

So I was wondering, anyone with these huge > 200lb sets, what are you using to hold these things up? The sony is a pain because it's a bit deeper (22") than most other TV's and alot of stuff won't hold it...
I just bought a Bell'O AVS-4205M for my Panasonic 32" Tau.

It's 21 1/4" deep and 41 1/2" wide six shelves under the top TV shelf. You can see it at http://www.bellointl.com/default1.htm

--Ken

·
Registered
261 Posts
I use a Bello AVS 4201 for my 36xbr400. (You can find it at the URL in ksb's post) Looks great, holds the TV fine and also all the components. Cost was about $500 from the same store I bought the TV from. I also put Teflon sliders under the feet of the rack, so if I pull or push firmly (but carefully and slowly), while holding the bottom of the rack, I can slide the TV away from the wall. This was key when I was setting it up and plugging everything in.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I use a Tech Craft model 360 stand. It's a pretty good aesthetic match for the 36XBR400, though it matchesthe darker grey of the sides more than the silver of the front. The glass doors are almost the exact same width as the XBR screen, and the side panels are almost the exact same width as the XBR side "speaker" panels. Holds the TV up fine and dandy, is as wide as the XBR, and makes a pretty good visual match, too. It's $199 from either Crutchfield or hifi.com.

------------------

Robert Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis

[email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought the Bell'O AVS-4205M for my 36XBR400. Not only can it hold the TV, it is able to hold at least 6 AV components. And the color match the Sony very nicely.

http://www.bellointl.com/AV/images/AVS-4205M-big.jpg

As you can see, it is a beatuful AV stand and is very good for any front heavy TV (big screen direct view set).

It can be had for $500 from online/mail order retailer (4201 for $400). Local AV stores probably will charge 100 bucks more.

Hal

[This message has been edited by Mr_Li (edited 05-20-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.