AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys im new to the forum here. I was told to seek advice on here for my XBR6. My little bro and I are watching band of brothers on bluray and it almost looks as if the guys on the screen are real but background stuff is all fake. If you have ever seen this in regular definition, background stuff looks real. We have yet to mess with the settings on the tv, it is set with everything factory default and in Vivid. We have a standard buray player, but we are currently using ps3 to watch blurays. What settings should we be running on both the ps3 and the Tv for optimal performance? Both in HD, and SD.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I calibrated a Sony XBR6, I think it was a 55".

Here are my final settings. Use the custom mode and enter the following settings and see if you like it any better.

Even if you were to change Color temp to warm2 on whichever picturemode you are using it would make an improvement.

I will also attach the before and after readings, for Vivid and calibrated.

Picturemode: Custom

BL: 3

Picture: 79

Brightness: 41

Color: 71

Hue: G10

Color Temp: Warm2

Sharpness: 8

Noise reduction: Off

Mpeg Noise: off

Advanced

Black corrector: off

Advanced C.E: off

Gama: Off

Clear white: off

Color space: standard

RG: -13

GG: -10

BG: -5

RB: -3

GB: 0

BB: -6

Daniel

Sony XBR6 Calibrated.pdf 97.0751953125k . file

Sony XBR6 Default Vivid.pdf 98.232421875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, well wonder why when watching some movies the people on the screen look so realistic, but the backgrounds are ridiculously fake? Just to see if it was poor green screen I took the movie to several other HDTVs in the house and played around on them, they look find on all the other tvs. Could it be that the XBR6 has such a nice picture it will show the defects in the videos? And my other question is why do most people turn off automotion? Isnt it there to help you?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would assume the most likely culprit is your brightness setting. Try to use a calibration DVD and set your brightness and contrast.

Also unless it is a poor quality video there shouldn't be any problems. Try a different video or a Blu-ray.

Most advanced features do not improve picture quality. Some are simply a matter of taste and you will need to decide what you like.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
OP--turn off the motion enhancer, MotionFlow, and see if that is the cause of the effect you are asking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts