AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for the info I have picked up here over the last year or more. I'm SO close to taking to plunge. One more hurdle- which size XBR to get.

My situation- directv, I mostly watch sports, my wife mostly prime time, putting the sony in a room that is 21X16 where the primary viewing positions are about 10.5 feet. I can eek out another 1.5 - 2 feet with some wife-unfriendly sofa adjustments. Would love to get the 60".

But I have some major concerns with the distance in general and especially with all the SD signals we'll be viewing. Do you think my concerns are warranted? I know the HD and DVD on the 60" will be fantastic, but do I go with the 50" because of the amount of SD I'll be viewing?

Any input would be appreciated. How much will UMR tweaks help my specific situation? Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One additional factor - ambient light in the room. If it's fairly dark in the room when you watch TV, the 60" might be more comfortable, as it won't seem quite as bright. Conversely, if the room is pretty bright much of the time that you're watching, the 50" may serve you better, as it'll be brighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.