Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

While I was writing the previous post in front of my new XBR910, the TV shuts down by itself...

Since then, everytime I try to switch it on, it turns off after two seconds (tube is not even going up).

in the troublshooting section, it is said that if "led is flashing continuously, TV may need service..." and the led is flahsing...

And there it is !

And the shop I bought it from is closed

And I am officialy unhappy...

·
Registered
148 Posts
You've got an infant mortality failure of your power supply. If it's only 2 days old, have them swap it out for a NEW set. Don't let them screw around trying to fix it. They may mess something up in the process.

They may be able to fix it by swapping boards, but even then I'm sure that the voltages won't be EXACTLY as they were when the set was calibrated at the factory. Therefore, you could have some "slight" geometry and convergence errors, etc. They may or may not be that noticable at first, but with a set this "detailed"... you don't want any errors! If they insist on a field repair, then insist that it is ISF calibrated afterwards!

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx all !

As it is now, it does not look this good, I had to call again this morning to hear that they have to check if TV is available at Sony warehouse blablabla...

I hope this is not the starting point of a nightmare story !

Will let you know how things are with this HiFi retailer after sale service...

Regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
the same thing happened to my 34xbr

except mine was DOA, the problem from start with the same LED flashing. i called a sony tech and when he came over he said its something wrong with the power supply, like it something got loose inside, it took him 4 seconds after he opened the back to fix it. i guess it was a common problem. you should call sony tech support and have them come to your house. they'll fix it quick without having to take it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.