AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't come across anyone complaining about this yet, maybe its just my set. Since I've had the 960 (Nov 04) I noticed that when there is a solid color on the screen there is a section of the screen near the lower left hand corner that is discolored. I have seen it when I have gray sidebars for CBS, or when that green still for movie trailers is on, the section I am talking about is redish.

Could it be the speaker inside the tv, maybe it shifted slightly. It's going to be a real pain in the ass to have PC Richard come look and then exchange this thing..Anyone have ideas of how to fix it.. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Try a search here for "green glob" .... this is an all-too-common problem with large CRT TVs. Sometimes you can solve this problem by forcing the TV to perform a full deguass by disconnecting its AC power, waiting for 30 minutes or so, then repowering the TV. Otherwise it's a service call. The technician can use small magnets on the back of the CRT to minimize this problem. Fortunately your TV is still under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.