AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research on the forum I picked up this projector. I remember a post where someone had posted how to check the timer of the lamp. I cannot for the life of me find the post. If it's documented in the owners manual I must have missed it :(. Can any xd300u owners help me out? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm curious too. I haven't found anything in the manual or online.

BTW, what kind of calibration settings are you using on yours? I've only had mine for a few weeks so am still tinkering.

I use a light grey screen and have the Color Matrix set to Standard

-read in a review that Low was very close to 6500k but I find it too red in that mode for my tastes

I also use Theater mode for the gamma setting.

I find I have to set the brightness to about +15 and contrast to -2 to be properly calibrated using my HTPC and ADTV card. What has your experience been?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
With the remote going into the projectors menu display ...

Press menu

Go to option section of the menu

Scroll to expand and leave the cursor on expand

then on remote control ...

Press (in sequence, not simultaneously):

still

volume+

still

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ericbres
With the remote going into the projectors menu display ...

Press menu

Go to option section of the menu

Scroll to expand and leave the cursor on expand

then on remote control ...

Press (in sequence, not simultaneously):

still

volume+

still
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mn3kgtvr4
I'm curious too. I haven't found anything in the manual or online.

BTW, what kind of calibration settings are you using on yours? I've only had mine for a few weeks so am still tinkering.

I use a light grey screen and have the Color Matrix set to Standard

-read in a review that Low was very close to 6500k but I find it too red in that mode for my tastes

I also use Theater mode for the gamma setting.

I find I have to set the brightness to about +15 and contrast to -2 to be properly calibrated using my HTPC and ADTV card. What has your experience been?
I pretty much have the same settings as you. I'm still tinkering with the brightness and contrast levels. I am set on using the theater mode for the gamma settings. Any other setting for gamma and I get what looks like a grainy picture on anything that is light in color. I only experience this on HD material tho. But so far I'm loving this projector!

·
Registered
420 Posts
pretty much have the same settings as you. I'm still tinkering with the brightness and contrast levels. I am set on using the theater mode for the gamma settings. Any other setting for gamma and I get what looks like a grainy picture on anything that is light in color. I only experience this on HD material tho. But so far I'm loving this projector!

Yes, anything but Theater gamma is really for data images only. I haven't played around with all the sRGB settings yet since the skintones and color saturation are perfect as far as I can tell. This is a fantastic projector. The image is great even though I have to use some keystoning with my screen being only 4 inches from the ceiling in my setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.