AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several analog devices that will soon lose their ability to obtain a clock signal from my cable provider. I would love to buy or build something that I could feed into my cable line that would generate the VBI XDS signal with time & date data. True, manual setting would be possible on most devices, but I have found that most legacy units are pretty sloppy when it comes to time keeping. And I have a Sony HDD250 that has no ability for manual time adjustments. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra /forum/post/15576706

I have several analog devices that will soon lose their ability to obtain a clock signal from my cable provider. I would love to buy or build something that I could feed into my cable line that would generate the VBI XDS signal with time & date data. True, manual setting would be possible on most devices, but I have found that most legacy units are pretty sloppy when it comes to time keeping. And I have a Sony HDD250 that has no ability for manual time adjustments. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Joe

That clock signal is usually with a local PBS station. Most analog local channels will be on cable systems until at least 2/2012.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts