AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is disheartening. Oh well Deus ex human revolution comes out for pc in a weeee bit..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You know, for a company that is staring a big earning and stock drop dead in the face, you'd think this would be a no-brainer.

For crying out loud, it's ALREADY BEEN LOCALIZED FOR THE UK. No one's demanding a mass roll-out. Just make it a 'boutique' release, like say Electroplankton. People are waving money at you, Nintendo...why won't you take it? If Joystiq runs an article telling you how to hack your Wii to play it, don't you think you should investigate? Grrr.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
It also reached the Top 10 on the UK sales charts. NOA claims they're watching the Euro sales to gauge for a possible US release after all, but I'm convinced they're just blowing smoke. I really don't get their logic at all. There isn't a Wii game worth a damn until Zelda at the end of the year (and frankly even that's debatable).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/20853969

Yea, they aren't going to release it here. I don't understand why Nintendo is being so lame with this game. It just does not make any sense to me.

They've done this before. Honestly, I understand their cautiousness...but I think it's borne of foolish expectations. When they brought out Elite Beat Agents as a sort-of localization of Ouendan, I think they really over-estimated the appeal of the game. Fun? Sure. Would I buy a sequel in a heartbeat? No question. Was it a game destined for the mass market? NO WAY. Had they approached it like Electroplankton, a 'game' that was never expected to turn huge mario numbers in the first place, it would have met expectations.

Xenoblade should be the Final Fantasy VII of the Wii. At this point, it's not even a Final Fantasy IX. I mean, just let us play the damn import copy and we won't have to hack our Wiis to play it (and for the first time in 5 years, I am actively considering it).

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru /forum/post/20857973

They've done this before. Honestly, I understand their cautiousness...but I think it's borne of foolish expectations. When they brought out Elite Beat Agents as a sort-of localization of Ouendan, I think they really over-estimated the appeal of the game. Fun? Sure. Would I buy a sequel in a heartbeat? No question. Was it a game destined for the mass market? NO WAY. Had they approached it like Electroplankton, a 'game' that was never expected to turn huge mario numbers in the first place, it would have met expectations.

Xenoblade should be the Final Fantasy VII of the Wii. At this point, it's not even a Final Fantasy IX. I mean, just let us play the damn import copy and we won't have to hack our Wiis to play it (and for the first time in 5 years, I am actively considering it).

Soft modding the wii is too easy.. I had a white man can't jump video up that went along with this but it wasn't work friendly at all.. heh

Not that I condone such things.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This does indeed support PLII
Set your Wii to Surround in the system menu and Pro Logic II[x] Movie (not Game) mode on your AVR. It won't be immediately apparent, but dialogue beyond the opening scenes are isolated to the center channel when proper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had never heard of this game but I am a huge FF fan starting with the original playstation and for some reason ff VIII. I loved them up til the PS2 and I have to say that its ridiculous that this is not being released in the us. I would love to buy this game, it reminds of why I had gaming systems other than for madden (which suck for wii). If you love role playing games, especially FF this game is sweet and you should be pissed they aren't releasing for the US.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 US dollar = 76.7000 Japanese yen

1 Australian dollar = 80.9799 Japanese yen

1 British pound sterling = 125.2890 Japanese yen

1 euro = 111.0850 Japanese yen

Blame the Federal Reserve, not Nintendo. As the US dollar sinks, US consumers will be treated more and more like second class citizens.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readykilowatt
Blame the Federal Reserve, not Nintendo. As the US dollar sinks, US consumers will be treated more and more like second class citizens.
Why would we blame Nintendo for the exchange rate of the Yen? I'm not sure what saying, there? Are you saying that Nintendo is bringing over the game because of the poor state of the dollar?

Nintendo has a LONG history of not localizing games for the US that predates the current economic situation. Sometimes those choices are just perplexing, as they already have made UK English localizations for the games, so releasing them in the US wouldn't be that hard. Sometimes it's because they think the game is too obscure (though Atlus has made a company out of releasing such 'boutique' games, when Nintendo lets them), too Japanese or not good enough. The strength or weakness of the Yen doesn't really factor into it. The problem is that Nintendo is looking only for blockbusters, possibly: Atlus, Xseed and other publishers have shown that quirky or unusual or limited appeal titles can do well in North America, even with the requirement of extensive localization.

Examples:

2007 - DS - Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland [JP, EU Releases]

2007 - Wii - Eyeshield 21: The Field's Greatest Warriors [JP release]

2007 - DS - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat [JP release]

2008 - Wii - Disaster: Day of Crisis [JP, EU releases]

2008 - Wii - Fatal Frame IV [JP release]

2009 - Wii - Another Code: R (aka Trace Memory 2) [JP, EU releases]

2009 - Wii - New Play Control: Pikmin 2 [JP, EU]

2009 - Wii - New Play Control: Chibi Robo [JP, EU]

2008/2010 - DS - Jam with the Band (aka Band Brothers DX) [JP, EU releases]

2010 - DS - Last Window: The Secret of Cape West [JP, EU release]*

2010 - Wii - Dynamic Slash (aka "The Slashing of Reginleiv") [JP only]

Note: I didn't include the Ouendan! series as we got Elite Beat Agents, which while not exactly the same was essentially a localization. EBA's relative lack of sales doomed any sequels. (180K versus the hoped for 300K).

* - the sequel to Hotel Dusk, published by Nintendo in the US

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Available from Gamestop and Nintendo's online store only.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo /forum/post/21290956

Zombie thread resurrection, but well merited: A leaked product sheet from Gamestop has revealed that Xenoblade is coming to the US after all. April 2012. Looks like Zelda isn't the Wii's swansong after all.

Is that roughly around when WiiU may launch? I know Reggie stated recently that the Wii will see continued support post WiiU launch.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/21291098

Is that roughly around when WiiU may launch? I know Reggie stated recently that the Wii will see continued support post WiiU launch.

They haven't committed to a date, yet. Iwata has stated after March 2012 (i.e. in their next Fiscal year), but they have also said that they'll debut the final form factor and specs at E3. Given that E3 is in June, that tells us one of two things:

1) either they're releasing right around E3 [unlikely] or soon after [more likely]

2) they're going to release around September-November time-frame to have a big launch for the holiday

I'm going to opt for number 2, here.

And Xenoblade coming to the US? FINALLY.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru /forum/post/20889990

2010 - DS - Last Window: The Secret of Cape West [JP, EU release]*

* - the sequel to Hotel Dusk, published by Nintendo in the US

Huh, I had no idea they made a sequel to Hotel Dusk. I'd want to import it, but $60 on eBay, $45 at Play-Asia, seems too expensive for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.