AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our charlotte CFILES feed tonight was not in 16X9 widescreen as were most of them last season. Was this a Charlotte Screwup or was there a major network mess which started earlier with some timing problems??

BT

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It may have something to do with the late football game. Here in Raleigh, the broadcast was initially in 4X3, then about 3 minutes of 16X9, then back to 4X3. Even stranger was about a 5 minute repeat of the same segment of the show. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional, as there were no blend-ins in the show to indicate that it was a flash-back by one of the characters.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here in SoCal? Which FOX affiliate did you watch, because here in San Diego XETV broadcast it as 4x3. I should have checked this forum to see that it was really 16x9 and then I could have called in and complained...

-MM

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the link to the guide, but I already knew the show was in 480p. Doesnt 480p only refer to the vertical? Or does it also imply a 16x9 show?

-MM

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi

I taped the X-files premiere from 9-10pm but the recording stopped where Scully's mom is standing at her door after Lucy Lawless leaves.

Did the show go beyond 10pm?

What happened at the end?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Well, I thought I would be smart. Rather than scheduling it to record from the program guide, I set up a manual timer to record from 8:00-9:30 CST in case football ran late.

Unfortunately, when I manually entered the channel # I used the cable channel# instead of the OTA channel#. So all I recorded was 90 minutes of PBS demo material. :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yup - LA was in widescreen and there were a few good surround effects (even though it was ProLogic) when they were in the water treatment plant at the end. Typical 480P as far as PQ, but a great episode - can't wait to catch another glimpse of Lucy in the water! Hate to say it, but I kinda like the way the Dogget character has evolved. Definitely can't wait til next week!

·
Registered
72 Posts
WTTG here in DC showed the program in 480p 16x9. I was happily surprised at how much better the picture quality was than the usual FOX programs here. Still NOTHING like HD, but better than the usual crap FOX spews.

--Louis

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Interesting, I thought the quality was much better than normal but didn't realize anything special was going on with the XFiles premiere. I've got a DirectTV feed in the S.F. Bay Area running into a ReplayTV unit at High quality into my 56" Toshiba TheaterWide (interlaced inputs only). And it was definitely the best picture I've seen on that TV (non-DVD). :D

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.