AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The respective non-LC units have the same specs, as do the respective LC units. What's the difference between the two, and can the 110 be upgraded to the 135?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Horizontal scan, 110Khz vs. 135Khz hence the 110 and 135.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, now I feel dumb, heh.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
No need to. That's what this place is for. Notice my tag below :)

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
The bandwidth is also a bit better on the 135, but IMHO in the same condition, you'd never see a difference between the two.

At least for HT purposes.

Curt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there an advantage to higher bandwidth that you don't need? I mean, the 110 has more than enough for 1080p, but does having a bigger "cushin" of bandwidth increase it's ability to resolve more or stay converged easier?

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
If you read the posts on this foru,, it's a general consensus that 8" tubes cannot do 1080p properly.

Personally I find that a lot of people go on specs alone, and never look at the actual useage requirements. I doubt you'll ever scan over 64 Khz, which is less than half of what the XG 135 can do in the first place.

Theoretically, the extra bandwidth of the 135 means it will show a bit more picture detail, but again, you'll never use it IMHO.

(See my post here on the XG/9500LC comments).

Curt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I did see the post which is partially why I asked. I know they won't resolve 1080p, I was just wondering if there was an advantage to having more extra bandwidth, like if the chips run cooler or anything like that.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Generally a higher bandwidth chassis should be a better performer even at the same frequency if the frequency is near the upper limit. Another words, a higher bandwidth electronic should have a higher sweet spot than the lower one.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Psychological, who cares what the differance is if you have the 135.

Resale value, easier to sell, holds it value better.

Bragging rights.

Deron.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what does it take to turn a 110 into a 135 (if it's even possible)? Which boards need to be replaced? The reason I ask is because there are boards for 135s up on ebay occasionally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.