AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been about 6 months since I finally ceiling mount my XG 110LC (after almost a year of running it from the floor), and about time for a readjustment as my 10 year old daughter has been using it a bit to play video games. I started just going thru all of the adjustments to look at how far off things are. One of the things I noticed that seemed really odd was that when I went into the astigmatism menu, beyond the whole screen going out of focus, the green and blue dots were well aligned and the same size (maybe the size of a 50 cent piece?) and the red is tiny (less than the size of a dime) and towards the bottom left edge of the circle of the blue + green.

So is that normal? If not, what do I need to adjust and how?

Also as a probably sillier sounding questions, when I am in adjust mode (and some in operations mode) there are some of the menu items that are "yellowed out". I guess I need to read the manual again, but how do I enable those items?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
When you adjust the astig, the XG electrically defocuses the guns. This makes it easier to see the shape of the beam. I don't think the size of the red vs. the blue/green is important. Just mute all but one color and adjust the astig for the remaining color. Then when you exit the astig menu you should have it well set up.

The yellowed menu items are ones that are not available. For example the COLOR / TINT menus are yellowed out when you feed it an RGB signal, since COLOR/TINT only applies to VIDEO (composite) inputs (and maybe S-video?).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Dont worry about the dots not being aligned since they do tend to get shifted around as the machine auto-defocuses when in electronic astig. I also found that on my XG the red did not defocus nearly as much as the green or blue. Also (since we are on the subject) make sure your mechanical astig is as good as you can get it before you go in and start using the electronic astig controls since its more for fine tuning.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I would bring up the dot pattern in normal mode with all tubes on and make sure that sizes are the same. Otherwise you have an issue most likely in your focus chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.