Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I finally got the tubes replaced on my 135. I now have the common problem of not enough size. (The Pjs horiz amplitude not me ha ha)

I have seen the threads on how to cal the amplitude to Nec specs but at spec I have about 3/4" from the edge of the phosfur with a res of 1024/768. When I increase the voltage on the pot to where I feel it is using the correct amount of phosfur (about 3/8" safety) the voltage on TP 5302 is about 8.15v. I understand it is a risk but does anyone know if it is too much.

BTW. I would be interested in hearing what others with an XG135LC are running the Voltage on your TP 5302.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Steve,

Use the video signal when doing this. Adjust VR5301 with max amplitude to 4.5V and the VR5302 should be 7.5V after the 5301 adjustment. Doug

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug

Yes. Done. But I can only make my image come about 3/4" from edge of phosfur this way. The raster extends furthur but I can not fill it. With my other PJs. Marquees and Barco 808 I never had a problem. In it's current state this PJ sits about 6-8" furthur back than those to fill the screen. I realize they are different lenses but shuold I not be able to use more phosfur. With the others I went to about 3/8" from the phosfur edge.

If this is the way an NEC LC is then Okay but I had expected this "high end" machine to be able to utilize the full phosfur.

My source is an HTPC and the desktop does not completely fill the raster so I know it is not my software DVD that is the trouble.

Steve

·
Registered
628 Posts
Steve,

I was just trying to adjust the raster on my XG a few minutes ago and have exactly the same problem, raster is almost at the edge of the tube but the actual picture image is quite far from the edge of the raster. Tried amplitude, image size etc but nothing seemed to increase the width of the image without increasing the raster width.

As you said, be nice to be able to use more phospher and have the projector that bit closer :(

Paul

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Mike's got it. I've been talking to Steve about this in a couple PM's, but basically you need to shorten your H porch and Sync widths, this will "grow" the image within the raster.

The settings I'm using for a res of [email protected] are as follows:

H front porch 88

H sync width 144

H back porch 200

You may however wish to just start shortening each H setting one or two notches at a time until you fill your screen, and you'll probably have to adjust your pj's "Shift" adjustment.

For those that can't keep up with my pj swapping, yes this is for the NEC XG. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.