AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone direct me as to where I might find the levelling feet and the plastic circular cover the fits over the hole on the front of an XG75 ? I have tried in the past to contact Curt via email and have had no luck with returned calls from CRTCINEMA. Thes are just cosmatic,but I'm planning on selling it and would like it to look original.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
DuaneS

Everybody must throw these feet away, I ran into alot of XG's that did not have them, seems odd. Also most buyers ceiling mount the PG, so you may just be wasting your time as it's not a concern. Sell it and if the guy has any complaints, then you can look for them. As for the hole, I bet you can find some plastic at a hardware store or somewhere that looks good.

Deron.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deron

Thanks for your reply and I agree with you with respect to ceiling mounting the projector.However,I had a couple of "tire kickers" asking about floor mounting,inside a cabinet and specifically asked about the feet.In fact,that was going to be my desired way since I dabble in woodworking.With that in mind,I thought I could at least find somewhere as a reference.

Curt did in fact email me after I posted this thread.He mentioned that Hammerhead might be my best bet.I've called them and I'm waiting for their callback as to the parts in question.

It's really a shame that I can't use this projector.Floor mounting was going to be my choice since I didn't want to go thru the hassle of of rigging up a ceiling mount from a 16' vaulted ceiling.Grandkids are tough when it comes to spills,etc.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I believe that the feet off a PG will also work. Note quite original, but no-one except forum members would be able to tell. I'm out of those as well for now, but will probably have some within a month.

Curt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's a metric 10mm thread I believe. I'm sure you can make something work. Just using bolts might even work.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Duane,

suggest to prospective buyers that they use some 10mm metric thread bolts of between 50mm and 80 mm in length. They will work fine, especially in an enclosed cabinet arrangement where the surface is likely to be a soft wood such as pine or even MDF. The smaller contact patch of the bolt head ( I am currently using some 50mm long hex headed ones with my XG ) ensures a higher contact pressure than the original feet and you are more likely to have the actual table move on the floor before the projector shifts on the table.

Cheers :)

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.