AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BG808, and I was wondering what all the talk is about the NEC XGs having more parameters for setup . What additional adjustments does an XG have?

Are they really that hard to set up? I'm pretty good at setting up my 808 , I even use a scope to setup the RGB amps , so would a XG be over my head ? Would I be able to get the most out of such a machine?

Regards

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
No, its not. If you can setup an 808 an XG is not a problem at all. Yes you have more parameters such as separate keystone, pincushion, tilt, etc, for each CRT, but this helps you converge the picture better and gives better control over the geometry than in an 808.

This is my opinion assuming the 808 is similar to the 1208/2 and 801s which I have personal exp with as well as two XG's and an NEC PG. I personally prefer the way barco does the convergence over the XG but that is just my personal preference but hard to knock all the features on the XG, MUCH more than the Barco. I have not yet tried the optional 100 pt convergence board on the NEC.

Barco remotes SUCK!! BIG time :p

NEC remotes are among the best :)

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
In my experience as a DIY'er, I'll put it like this.

It's alot easier for a DIY'er to take a Marquee to 80% than an NEC XG.

However, it's alot easier to take an XG to 90% than it is a Marquee.

I'm not sure I could go more than 90% with either. I'll leave that last 10% to the pro's. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.