Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently bought an XG1351 (LC) and I am having a problem with the geometry/alignment. Please see the attached image for a basic idea of what is going on. The picture is exaggerated to show you what the top and bottom of the image looks like. I have tried pin-cushion, pin-balance and line distortion and other alignment options to no avail. I can't get rid of the S or wave shape on the top and bottom. The sides are fine.

I have reset all parameters, entries and point convergence before starting my new setup and have tried to do more than one setup with the same end results. I could probably bring the corners in using point convergence if I had to, but I would rather not use any point at all. If I use pin-cushion to bring the center hump in, the corners get worse. What am I missing here? My situation seems to be different than what the vertical line distortion correction in the manual states, I have the hump in the middle like in the drawing. I will play around more with the phase adjustment tonight to see if that makes a difference.

My source is an HTPC set at 1280X720 71.928 Hz.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What you've drawn is the bottom edge, this is simply a fact of NEC, and the way they do geometry.

You can minimize it by using point convergence...a little to decrease the high spots, when a little in the opposite direction for the low spots.

I just live with it, as I'd rather not use point at all.

I use a 16X9 screen, and have manual blanking panels for both 1.85 and 2.35 this gives me perfect framing. However on a 1.85 transfer without the manual blanking panels, it's hard to see on mine...unless you bring up a crosshatch test pattern.

If you must do something, I'd say use Pin Cushion to get the middle area looking good, then use a minimum amount of Point convergence on the very ends...once you start watching a movie it may disappear.

Note that to much point convergence will cause horizontal banding that can be seen during bright scenes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.