AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searches and couldn't find an answer. I know some NEC's can be reset with the remote (eg., 6PG/9PG), and some projectors, like Barco's require that one or more chips be very tediously replaced.

EDIT: Maybe this question is being interpreted the wrong way. I'm wondering whether a seller may have been able to reset the meter on an otherwise very low hour XG135LC.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding Jason.

Unfortunately, it is still not clear whether this would involve physically replacing the chip(s), or using the setup remote to go into the service mode and initialize the eprom (like somebody obviously did to my Runco IDP900/NEC6PG before I bought it).

Just trying to arm myself with info so I'm aware of the level of ease related to such tampering before buying another projector. I consider it very easy for someone, even a non-tech, to initialize the eprom using the remote. The degree of skill is no where near that of replacing a chip, though replacing a board might fall in the middle of the two extremes.

Thieves can sometimes be clever when they need to.

-Chris

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The hour meter can be reset with the remote. All you need is the passcode, which can easily be obtained.

--Jerome

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jerome.

That helps me with trying to decide whether it's worth a daylong drive to inspect and maybe buy this unit. I appreciate your responding (though I was rather hoping for the other answer).

-Chris

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Do the drive and check for tube wear. On these, the green usually wear before the others. I've seen slight wear at 1600 + hours, and I don't think the hour meter was reset opn the 3 that I bought at the same time from the same place, all with similar wear patterns and hour counts.

Curt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.