Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had decent success getting my XG852 CRT w/4500+ hours setup in my theater. Looks good on HDTV and DVD through the HTPC I built. Wife likes it and thinks it looks a lot better than what we had before.

However :)

I know the projector is capable of a lot more than I'm comfortable doing at this point. I know the XG has a lot of adjustments that are possible with the pods, etc in the projector, as well as someone who *really* knows what they are doing with regard to alignment, convergence, position/blanking/size, gray-scale, color balance, etc., etc. My setups all have something minor wrong in them, be it on the alignment, convergence, blanking, size, position, etc...

I also know that just because someone knows how to use a color analyzer, or has ISF on their business card, does not qualify them to be setting up my projector...

So, does anyone know what it would cost to have someone that is very familiar with the XG series projector do a complete setup, from the manual basics (focus, astig, etc.) to all the electronic adjustments, etc.??

Finally, if you, or someone you know/trust can accomplish this, feel free to pass along my email ([email protected]) with their history of XG series work, availability and costs.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
869 Posts
Last night at 10:00PM, I just finished taming the meanest XG - B**CH I have worked on in over 3 years. After working on that flakey system, I would welcome a solid system, and I have learned a few more tricks (that seems to happen every time).

I would be more than happy to make a trip south to get your projector looking like Halle Berry. My brother lives downtown, and would like to see his younger brother from MI, so drop me an email to discuss a proposed calibration and setup further.....

Jeff in Detroit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.