AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1889 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Xiami could be using the 1500 lumen rated DLP470TP pico version that's typically paired up with LED source, while Lune4K is using the larger DLP470TE standard version capable of higher power.
:(:(:(
so DMD's also have a maximum limit in brightness although they are a reflective device. They too will saturate when used with higher lumen device - TP vs TE

OK just found this , but isn't the Lune 4K using the 0.66 dmd type?

The DLP470TP is the most compact 4K UHD solution from DLP Products, and is optimized for size and power. Measuring 17 mm by 24.5 mm and supporting brightness levels up to 1,500 lumens, the DLP470TP can deliver 4K UHD quality to equipment such as mobile smart TVs and pico projectors.
The DLP470TE is optimized for projectors needing over 1,500 lumens. This chipset is in a larger package, 22 mm by 32 mm, which enables it to withstand the heat generated by brightness levels up to 4,000 lumens.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If the use of DLP470TP is confirmed, it would suggest perhaps Xiaomi is targeting the low end "mobile" segment of the market. A RGBW colour wheel could also be used to boost brightness.

It is also possible same chipset be used in the other budget 2000 lumens model, but operating beyond it's max power limit. Would be sad if this turns out to be true.

While DLP660TE is the obvious chipset of choice when it comes to performance, it is only likely to appear in higher end products such as the tri-laser models currently under development at Changhong and Hisense.

Time to put on hold the pre-order pending clarification on the matter?:(

·
Registered
462 Posts
HDMI 2.1 is what has sold me.
I am ready to sell my Xiaomi UST Laser projector and upgrade to this puppy.

If anybody finds an online retailer that ships to the U.S please tell me. I will be buying one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cant understand a word with English translation!
Sounds like they removed the keystone option....

Source: "Disadvantage 1: The fan sound is slightly louder. This is a good problem. The sound of the program is enough to suppress the fan sound.

Disadvantage 2: If you are an old user, this generation will remove the function of the keystone control that can be adjusted according to the four corners of the keystone. I am shocked and become super troublesome. I play the same as playing the box game. The cabinet and laser TV were adjusted for at least half an hour. The previous generation sat on the sofa and used the remote control to complete it... This is estimated to be spit by the old user."

-To me it sounds like it is slightly louder (who cares since it sits far away from you and any movie is going to drown it out).
-No Keystone but one of the pictures shows a keystone... I am confused maybe no 8 point adjustments just 4?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well I am not sure but doesn't hdmi 2.1 mean hdcp 2.2 compatibility automatically?

Also manual keystone correction isn't that big of a deal.
Just hope they price it better for international market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well I am not sure but doesn't hdmi 2.1 mean hdcp 2.2 compatibility automatically?

Also manual keystone correction isn't that big of a deal.
Just hope they price it better for international market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got one of the very first HDMI 2.0 receivers from Pioneer and it did not have HDCP version needed for 4k. So even though it is very rare it does happen.

Honestly since we are talking about HDMI 2.1 I would bet money that it works with HDCP 2.2.

As for the pricing, I do not see any other UST Laser 4k projectors that can do 150" at this price. So even price gouged by gearlolbest it will sell very well.
Optoma's and LG's UST laser projectors cap out at 120" so for me that is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
@ethan3686
Not necessarily, HDCP is a layer on top of HDMI and it's up to the manufacturer to implement it. There are HDMI 2.0 equipped projectors that don't have HDCP 2.2 either (looking at you Chinese manufacturers).

HDMI 2.1 is what has sold me.
I am ready to sell my Xiaomi UST Laser projector and upgrade to this puppy.

@oni222 , looking at the product page, the HDMI 2.1 is no longer listed on the images of the projector! I'd wait until we get further clarification as it could have been a marketing mistake.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
There's a few hands on in China from the Xiaomi website. Use Google translate, so far it seems pretty good from the non-technical reviews.

Link with pics

Reactions: oni222

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not necessarily, HDCP is a layer on top of HDMI and it's up to the manufacturer to implement it. There are HDMI 2.0 equipped projectors that don't have HDCP 2.2 either (looking at you Chinese manufacturers).

@oni222 , looking at the product page, the HDMI 2.1 is no longer listed on the images of the projector! I'd wait until we get further clarification as it could have been a marketing mistake.
Maybe one of those images are not loading properly because I just checked and I saw the HDMi 2.1 pic.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Wasn't aware there were ANY HDMI 2.1 capable devices on the consumer market at all yet. It's basically unheard of. HDMI 2.0 with 18Gb/s capacity is plenty with all our fake 4K projectors that we are looking at right now. Looking, because we can't buy it since it's not sold outside of China to anyone. Lots of expectations for something we can't get. Of course, if we do get it, you better know Chinese.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wasn't aware there were ANY HDMI 2.1 capable devices on the consumer market at all yet. It's basically unheard of. HDMI 2.0 with 18Gb/s capacity is plenty with all our fake 4K projectors that we are looking at right now. Looking, because we can't buy it since it's not sold outside of China to anyone. Lots of expectations for something we can't get. Of course, if we do get it, you better know Chinese.
I was thinking the same and I had noted that the 2.1 ports in the original pics were probably a marketing error.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was thinking the same and I had noted that the 2.1 ports in the original pics were probably a marketing error.

All the TV's shown in CES by LG, Sony, Samsung are HDMI 2.1 and the true benefits of HDMI 2.1 is not the extra bandwidth but the Variable Sync it offers. Just like Gsync and Freesync2.0 did with computers.

Since the TV's are now HDMI 2.1 I don't see a reason why new projectors cannot do the same.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
All the TV's shown in CES by LG, Sony, Samsung are HDMI 2.1 and the true benefits of HDMI 2.1 is not the extra bandwidth but the Variable Sync it offers. Just like Gsync and Freesync2.0 did with computers.

Since the TV's are now HDMI 2.1 I don't see a reason why new projectors cannot do the same.
The point being made was 'on the street', this projector is on the streets already the other announced devices won't hit the streets for months... guess it's just really SURPRISING IF IT'S TRUE.

Reactions: oni222

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,415 Posts
Can't wait to we have a review of this projector. The specs are impressive but doesn't seem as concrete. $1500-2200 is very impressive for a ust 4k projector. HDMI 2.1 is another plus. Can't wait for this projector to get in a reliable reviewer hands. Or mines 😁

Reactions: Johnny nz
21 - 40 of 1889 Posts