AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
By the way you guys should check out the comments section. A ton of people have been posting pics (low res) but auto translate does a decent job.

https://m.mi.com/comment/list/2190200022

EDIT: according to the comments it looks like 8 point keystone is indeed removed. You can still use 4 point.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Honestly since we are talking about HDMI 2.1 I would bet money that it works with HDCP 2.2.
HDCP is merely the copy protection protocol. So far, I'm not seeing any update to that. Everything in HDMI 2.++ right now will be HDCP 2.2.
Otherwise, we'd all have to run out and get new equipment to decode the HDCP 2.2. The new Benq 2700 is HDMI 2.0a/HDCP2.2. Pity Benq didn't go
the HDMI 2.1 for the 48gbs transfer rate and other options that are available with it.

Probably the w2700 was past the design stage for that and will be in the next batch of new projectors. So, I'll still wait until everything settles down before thing about upgrading my w1070.

Everything about HDMI 2.1 and cables as well (starts at 6:46 for the cable talk)

·
Registered
436 Posts
HDCP is merely the copy protection protocol. So far, I'm not seeing any update to that. Everything in HDMI 2.++ right now will be HDCP 2.2.
Otherwise, we'd all have to run out and get new equipment to decode the HDCP 2.2. The new Benq 2700 is HDMI 2.0a/HDCP2.2. Pity Benq didn't go
the HDMI 2.1 for the 48gbs transfer rate and other options that are available with it.

Probably the w2700 was past the design stage for that and will be in the next batch of new projectors. So, I'll still wait until everything settles down before thing about upgrading my w1070.

Everything about HDMI 2.1 and cables as well (starts at 6:46 for the cable talk)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_anlVEdCYr8

I agree with your assessment.
Hopefully we will find all new UST laser projectors with HDMI 2.1 but until we get some reviews come in we are SOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any reliable info about input-lag of this projector? I remember translated some obscure Chinese comments that is not suitable for gaming because of high input lag but couldn't verify it nor exactly which page I read it on.

I'm debating between this and the new BenQ 2700, I suppose both have the same updated 0.47 DMD chip.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I agree with your assessment.
Hopefully we will find all new UST laser projectors with HDMI 2.1 but until we get some reviews come in we are SOL.
Everyone wishing for HDMI 2.1 on this pj is silly as the spec doesn't guarantee any level of compliance with respect to which parts of the spec are adhered to. Everything we need for 4K UHD with dynamic HDR is already available through HDMI 2.0 (except over the 120hz refresh rate and computer gaming)...2.1 is going to be geared toward 8K and DLPs can't actually do native 4K yet...long ways to go before we "need" 2.1. I understand if your a spec chaser just for the sake of future proofing...but its unnecessary unless you're a computer gamer.

I'm just excited that 4K laser USTs are getting down into everyman territory...I've been patiently enjoying my PX800HD but am getting ready for an upgrade...I want a laser with dynamic dimming to help contrast and would like 2K Ansi Lumens for sufficiently lighting up an ALR screen.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Everyone wishing for HDMI 2.1 on this pj is silly as the spec doesn't guarantee any level of compliance with respect to which parts of the spec are adhered to. Everything we need for 4K UHD with dynamic HDR is already available through HDMI 2.0 (except over the 120hz refresh rate and computer gaming)...2.1 is going to be geared toward 8K and DLPs can't actually do native 4K yet...long ways to go before we "need" 2.1. I understand if your a spec chaser just for the sake of future proofing...but its unnecessary unless you're a computer gamer.

I'm just excited that 4K laser USTs are getting down into everyman territory...I've been patiently enjoying my PX800HD but am getting ready for an upgrade...I want a laser with dynamic dimming to help contrast and would like 2K Ansi Lumens for sufficiently lighting up an ALR screen.
As a gamer who loves his G-Sync on the pc side, HDMI 2.1 is the holy grail. Variable sync (HDMI 2.1 feature) that it offers is equivalent to Freesync 2 and G-Sync.
Since all new TV's have HDMI 2.1 then there is NO reason that new Projectors should not also have that.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Anyone find an update on this for a US buy? I missed the preorder pricing, but looks like it never happened anyways. lol
I would suspect that Walmart will pick this up to replace or supplement the non-4k version that they sell. Just go to Walmart.com and type Xaomi in the search bar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
PHP:
I would suspect that Walmart will pick this up to replace or supplement the non-4k version that they sell. Just go to Walmart.com and type Xaomi in the search bar.
Maybe soon, but not the case today. They're still selling the white one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There is still no video on youtube regarding this projector. And its been a month since it began selling in china. Dont know when will there be a global release.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
There is still no video on youtube regarding this projector. And its been a month since it began selling in china. Dont know when will there be a global release.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
I know the feeling. I would be more than happy to buy one if I could get verification from a reviewer that this puppy is HDMI 2.1 or at least HDMI 2.0 with variable sync enabled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to the comment on the youtube video extract it seems that it can handle HDMI 2.0 in 444 color profile (Nvidia shield) at least very well...

·
Registered
578 Posts
I ask the CS in taobao if it was hdmi2.1 or 2.0 & his answer, is there any difference? I directly told him that he does not know the answer

then showed him this

·
Registered
578 Posts
1920x1080 XPR 4 or your looking at the 1080p version
there are two identical versions of this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys.
One friend will come back from China next week, and he can buy for me the new Xiaomi MJJGTYDS01FM 4K version.
For you, it would be possible to switch language from Chinese to English?
I hope that Xiaomi put both Chinese and English language in their China market projector.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks a lot

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 1867 Posts