AVS Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1799 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Morning, unfortunately it was screwing up before I rooted it - I just trying something to make it work :(
tried a factory reset before I rooted as well.

its back on stock - if I can ever start the bloody thing again I'll try another factory reset.

last I got it to work I experienced the same as the bloke who recorded the below - not the only experiencing this :(

https://youtu.be/GbWT945bltw
and just showing I'm now the only one with the problem :(

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80392595&postcount=734

annoying - as I noted when it works it looks great

·
Registered
344 Posts
Anybody experience better input lag after rooting? Posting this here and in the Fengmi and A300 threads since it may apply and possibly assist in sub 50ms input lag response times in 1080p:

Looks like Rooting and installing the Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector tools might be the reason for the lower input lag according to the changelog:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tools-t3851755

2.17 : added ability to reduce input lag and disable noise reduction by long pressing "back" button.

I'll try it later this week and report back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A general question.

Recently I have experienced more distortion in picture quality when playing 4k movies mainly by an increase in grain/noise. In particular this concerns images of the sky and fog etc with parts of the screen being severely affected by a pixelated static noise effect. I am running videos via my nvidia shield.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem? I will try to upload an video displaying the effect.
Normal if it's an hdr movie
Typicaly the shield don't switch from rec709 to rec2020 for some movie.
I don t know why !
Try to go settings / graphics / advanced /
Force resolution by 4k rec2020 / go back/ and uncheck autoswitch rec709 to rec2020.

Envoyé de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don t know why !
Force resolution by 4k rec2020 / go back/ and uncheck autoswitch rec709 to rec2020.

You need to recheck autoswitch for other movie.
Welcome into the shield experience ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Xiaomi first launched the Mi Laser Projector in June 2017 and it was well received in the market such that the company raked in sales of 10 million yuan just 2 hours after it went on its first sale. The device came with a 9999 yuan price tag and despite the hype, was only able to provide an FHD resolution. The company has now launched the MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with the same design, same price tag but a higher 4K resolution.

In terms of design, the MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version bears a similar design to the Mijia Laser Projector that was launched last year but that model comes with a white colour scheme while the new MIJIA Laser Projector is dark gray. The rest of the specifications are mostly similar. The Mijia Laser Projector comes with a 0.233:1 large depth of field and has an ultra-short focal lens design. The projector screen can be placed in the TV cabinet with the size adjusted to fit in. The wall can also be used as the screen and so, it does not occupy too much indoor space. The design also eliminates the cumbersome problem of wires scattered everywhere. The Laser projector itself only needs to be placed 49cm away from the wall in order to deliver 150-inch screen projection. For a 120-inch screen, the distance reduces to 34cm.

Xiaomi claims the laser light inside the projector has a shelve life of 25,0000 hours. That translates to up to 17 years usage if the projector is used for 4hours daily, meaning the laser is ultra-durable and long-lasting. Picture quality is assured as a result of the use of advanced laser fluorescence display technology (ALPD 3.0). The projector provides a red light ratio of 16% to 18%, wide color gamut, color quasi, with contrast comparable to the laser studio 3000: 1 screen contrast. The light source brightness can reach up to 1500 lumens which are of theatre screen level. The projector also diffuses its direct light source, allowing for more eye protection.

In addition, the Mijia Laser 150″ projector is capable of providing theatre-level audio-visuals right in the comfort of the sitting room. It also comes built-in with all the content available on the MIUI TV. The device equally has its own remote control which supports the Xiaomi universal remote control app. That means the Xiaomi universal smart remote can be used to operate the sophisticated device.

The MIJIA projector will go on its first sale on January 18 for 9999 yuan but presale will open on January 15. After the first sale, the price will then berth at 14,999 yuan ($2,220) which is the official retail price.

hey all,

Quick question. How do you get the pj to default to 4k2k 60hz? When i turn it on, it starts at 1080. I change it to 4k2k 60hz but the the next time i turn it on, it reverts back to 1080.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A general question.

Recently I have experienced more distortion in picture quality when playing 4k movies mainly by an increase in grain/noise. In particular this concerns images of the sky and fog etc with parts of the screen being severely affected by a pixelated static noise effect. I am running videos via my nvidia shield.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem? I will try to upload an video displaying the effect.
Are you running the shield in 10bit or 12bit HDMI mode? I accidentally set mine to 8bit once and had this problem.
A general question.

I don t know why !

Envoyé️ de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk
I don t know why !

You need to recheck autoswitch for other movie.
Welcome into the shield experience ...

Many thanks to you both, it was indees thw Shield that was acting up..!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey all,

Quick question. How do you get the pj to default to 4k2k 60hz? When i turn it on, it starts at 1080. I change it to 4k2k 60hz but the the next time i turn it on, it reverts back to 1080.
That's just a bug in the UI. Your projector is already in 4k/2k 60hz.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Many thanks to you both, it was indees thw Shield that was acting up..!

I just receive last update Shield experience 8.0.1
and now we can have an automated setup working nicely with/without hdr content.

you need to follow this guide:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/297873/-guide-picture-quality-colorimetry-framerate-resolution-chroma/

My new setup:

fixe resolution to: 3840x2160 YUV 422 12-bit Rec.709
Enable autoswitch Rec709 / Rec2020
Enable the HDMI option in developer mode

Now my Shield set the good colorimetry with the good content.
Just push play button and relax :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has anyone been able to get 3D working from a PC at 1920x1080 24, 30, or 60 hz? I'm using an Intel UHD 630 and according to Display Settings and Cybermedia PowerDVD 16-19 it is only available in 1280x720 @ 60hz!

I need to know if another video card by AMD or Nvidia would help or if it's just a limitation of the projector. Thanks in Advance.
Found the EDID data which explains my issue and what modes are supported:

HDMI:EDID VSDB 3D legend:
FP=frame packing, F-Alt=Field Alternative, L-Alt=Line Alternative
SbS-Full=Side by Side Full, Ldep=L Depth, Ldep+Gfx=L Depth + Graphics Depth
TopBot=Top and Bottom, SbS-HH=Side by Side half horizontal
SbS-OLOR=Side by Side odd left odd right, SbS-OLER=Side by Side odd left even right
SbS-ELOR=Side by Side even left odd right, SbS-ELER=Side by Side even left even right

HDMI:EDID CEA (32) 1920x1080p 24Hz 3D supports: FP|TopBot
HDMI:EDID CEA (4) 1280x720p 60Hz 3D supports: FP|TopBot
HDMI:EDID CEA (5) 1920x1080i 60Hz 3D supports: SbS-HH
HDMI:EDID CEA (19) 1280x720p 50Hz 3D supports: FP|TopBot
HDMI:EDID CEA (20) 1920x1080i 50Hz 3D supports: SbS-HH

So looks like it's 1920x1080p @ 24hz or bust. Too bad it's Top Bottom as I much prefer SBS-Full and was Frame Sequential (F-Alt?) to be more compatible with NVDIA's old drivers. Oh well I'll just have to set my fresh rate to 1920x1080p @ 24hz, convert my collection to Top Bottom and enjoy.

I'll also be returning Nvidia video card (which had a faulty HDMI port/display port issues...yay so fun) and getting the latest and greatest AMD card for more fun with MadVR; side note Windows HDR implementation sucks! I know I'm currently really frustrated, but having seen the AMAZING 3D and 4K HDR images this thing is cable of with my own eyes it makes me more determined than ever to get the right combo of settings working.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Considering buying one of these, USA. Without discussing price, can someone tell me some reputable places to buy this thing online with warranty. Most seem to be from China, i don't want to pay a tariff when it arrives in the mail. I don't want to use a hokey website.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
i got my wemax a300 from ********dotcom i did not get tax from custom cause the product came from hongkong that probably why
we feel your posting pains... :)

So this was after 9/1? I got mine before then shipping from Hong Kong direct from Fengmi via sounds like a city in Arabian nights. Besides having to submit a picture of my license with credit card slightly obscured and enabling a one time international payment..it wasn't that bad. I got it for several hundred less than other reputable places. I didn't have to pay fees and it showed up in 5 days!:cool:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

So this was after 9/1? I got mine before then shipping from Hong Kong direct from Fengmi via sounds like a city in Arabian nights. Besides having to submit a picture of my license with credit card slightly obscured and enabling a one time international payment..it wasn't that bad. I got it for several hundred less than other reputable places. I didn't have to pay fees and it showed up in 5 days!:cool:

I just PM’d you a link to the Australian “nothing but label” website @kraine received his Fengmi. They install a custom firmware for a small fee. If you want English menus and lower input lag this might be the best place.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just PM’d you a link to the Australian “nothing but label” website @kraine received his Fengmi. They install a custom firmware for a small fee. If you want English menus and lower input lag this might be the best place.
Can you pm me a link as well, please?

·
Registered
9 Posts

sorry i couldnt edit it for some reasons, i guess it wont let you post any website here, but the cues is there it has to come from hongkong so wont get tax from our customs, i ordered it 9/1 it was shipped 9/2 via dhl and recieved it 9/4, cleared by custom few hours after according to dhl tracking, got it on sale only $2399 im very happy with it and paired with xy screen

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nothing But Label's youtube posts helped me decide on purchasing the Fengmi 4K versus the Xioami or A300. They appear to be a great option if you don't want to go through the trouble and headache of rooting it yourself.

As a side note: supposedly there is an Donor app you can pay to do the root from your phone automatically. I did mine from my computer for free, but it was hard. It's worth it for the input lag and better picture among other things.

1501 - 1520 of 1799 Posts