AVS Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1867 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
i'm in the u.s. ..... simply plugged my pj into the nearest 120v outlet, worked a charm, absolutely zero difference....
Thank you so much for your response. I ordered my 1S from Al****ba and it should be here by the end of the week. I asked the seller where he got his info that it will work with USA's 110v and he hadn't responded back. I was all little afraid to try with such an expensive item.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am using the xiaomi mijia 1s 4k projector as well as the main mibox interface as an external source. Does anyone have a proven method to calibrate the colors? (so that the colors on the mibox are not distorted) ?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. I ordered my 1S from Alibaba and it should be here by the end of the week. I asked the seller where he got his info that it will work with USA's 110v and he hadn't responded back. I was all little afraid to try with such an expensive item.
no one wants to risk frying their $2k purchase, so your concern is clearly warranted, but my personal experience is that my northern cal 120v outlet works just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. I ordered my 1S from Alibaba and it should be here by the end of the week. I asked the seller where he got his info that it will work with USA's 110v and he hadn't responded back. I was all little afraid to try with such an expensive item.
Hi I just got a 1S earlier this month as well from AliExpress. The unit says 220v-250v and so I bought a step down convertor for 25$ from amazon and the projector is working like a charm. The seller originally told me to use it on 110v but later on when I questioned advised me to take a transformer. I have been advised in the other thread by people that it could be run natively without a transformer . I have seen threads about the Mijia 4K being able to run without transformer but none for the 1S so far. Lol don’t want to take a chance unless it is confirmed. My heart says it should run on 110 since underlying stuff is similar to a VAVA but haven’t taken a chance yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So far so good working with USA voltage without a transformer. Should my item develop electrical problems I will update my post. BTW Alibaba is the place to buy the 1S. I saved $500 more than Aliexpress. Purchased Wednesday night, had it 1 week later on Friday. Took Literally 2 days by DHL. I will remove if

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my previous Xiaomi through Vincent and he never gave it to me. He said he could not see my order through his portal so he basically called me a fraud.
I even sent him a screenshot of my order and he stopped responding to my emails.

So this time round I did not use his link but if you happen to get the calibration please share it with me.
Did you ever receive the settings? I’ve scrolled through these comments for forever looking for them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you ever receive the settings? I’ve scrolled through these comments for forever looking for them.
Is this what you are looking for? Post# 1761

or Post# 1771

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Here's another review:

Use Google Chrome's translate feature for your language of choice.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm about 99% sure the 1S is Batman and can be rooted. It uses Android 6 instead of 9. The 1S is the only 2020 new release to keep 3D and Android 6.
i have the batman, it's rooted, but the pictures of the s1 look identical to my batman... come to think of it i think i remember reading that a newer version of the batman were released that solved over-heating issues some had with the batman, that must be the s1? but other than fixing the chip bracket issue that caused the over-heating, is everything else the same, i.e. lumens, latency, setting options, etc.?

·
Registered
512 Posts
i have the batman, it's rooted, but the pictures of the s1 look identical to my batman... come to think of it i think i remember reading that a newer version of the batman were released that solved over-heating issues some had with the batman, that must be the s1? but other than fixing the chip bracket issue that caused the over-heating, is everything else the same, i.e. lumens, latency, setting options, etc.?

a few hundred more lumens, better contrast (3500:1 Vs 2500:1)and a little quieter 10DB or less

1S 2020

Mijia 2019 https://www.passionhomecinema.fr/bl...19/test-xiaomi-laser-ust-4k-lavis-de-gregory/

In fact it bests most of the projectors released this year including The Optoma P2 and I agree 100%. The Samsung will be evaluated at a later date and the guide I'm sure revised:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is an ALR screen must for this type of UST projector? I have an existing SilverTicket white screen. I will be using the projector for night time viewing only (have been doing this for last 4 years), no sports or games - strictly movies and streamed content (shows).

·
Registered
598 Posts
Is an ALR screen must for this type of UST projector? I have an existing SilverTicket white screen. I will be using the projector for night time viewing only (have been doing this for last 4 years), no sports or games - strictly movies and streamed content (shows).
I use it on my white DIY screen. ALR is needed for day time viewing with no light control.

You can also spray paint your screen gray if you want better contrast.

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you want the best contrast and no light on your ceiling then yes it's a must...this is day or night. Unless of course you're in a black out room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I want to know which ust to buy? The xiao mi s1 or the xgimi lune 4k. (white) Both of these projectors are on sale in China at 1,500 usd. I don't know enough about them to know which is the better option.

I want to project it at 120' seated about 3.8m away. We will mostly use it in the evenings. I will later get a screen.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello, I want to know which ust to buy? The xiao mi s1 or the xgimi lune 4k. (white) Both of these projectors are on sale in China at 1,500 usd. I don't know enough about them to know which is the better option.

I want to project it at 120' seated about 3.8m away. We will mostly use it in the evenings. I will later get a screen.
Look up a few posts...there is your answer. The Lune has poor contrast.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Alright, I had a perfectly working PJ this afternoon, went for a walk and turned it back on and it looked like what's in the pic. Any ideas?

We do use ours more like a TV and it's been on for around 6-8 hours on average for about 17 months. I was just thinking recently that this sucker might croak and I might be dead in the water for a while.

I am a bit surprised at this as it was a fairly expensive purchase especially if you account for the ALR screen. I paid less than most though so there is that.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright, I had a perfectly working PJ this afternoon, went for a walk and turned it back on and it looked like what's in the pic. Any ideas?

We do use ours more like a TV and it's been on for around 6-8 hours on average for about 17 months. I was just thinking recently that this sucker might croak and I might be dead in the water for a while.

I am a bit surprised at this as it was a fairly expensive purchase especially if you account for the ALR screen. I paid less than most though so there is that.
It happened to me once, I just touched the top of the pj and it went back to normal, never happened again....I use as tv too 6-8hrs per day.

1821 - 1840 of 1867 Posts