AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any information on this? They have a 5000 lumen model that ends up around 1700 measured in real life use. I am hoping for around 3000 calibrated actual lumens for this 9000 lumen model.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm also curious to see the first reviews on this. Would be great if they did not just make it brighter but more reliable than the Mijia 4K Laser Projector concerning variable framerates and 3D quality.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone mentioned Xiaomi had 3 lasers on a previous model at 1500 lumens each, then marketing came and just added them all up and decided that was the lumen output. Hopefully that isn't continuing and this isn't just a 3000 lumen model with marketing hype.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm between the Fengmi 4k Cinema and Wemax A300. They are stating 9k ansi lumen for A300, but that cannot be true. I think the performance will be similar, important for me is also the fan noise :).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Looks like this will be worthy to upgrade to 4k ust. Also it appears they listened to feedback and there a power button in the front as shown in this picture.

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-wemax-a300/

As per usual 9000 China lumens need to be divided by 3 to get approximate ANSI lumens.

This needs to be moved to under 3k forum

Reactions: bwhelple

·
Registered
7 Posts
About fan noise, on banggood site it says 38db. Deal breaker for me. It is hard to find the perfect ust. If the number on banggood site is true,still waiting for the LG and optoma.

·
Registered
79 Posts
About fan noise, on banggood site it says 38db. Deal breaker for me. It is hard to find the perfect ust. If the number on banggood site is true,still waiting for the LG and optoma.
Is 38db much? I mean normally there is sound playing and you are not so close to the projector. In my living room I'll be about 3 meters away from it. I can't imagine that the sound will be so noticeable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 28db projector and its too loud for me.I also saw an epson and othet dlp projector thats noise is 20db and they were absolutely ok for me. I am using my projector as a TV. So at late time i watch tv with less sound and i am disturbed by noise, also on quiet scenes in a movie, the fans disturbing me again. So i am Searching For a projector with less noise and 4k.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have an 28db projector and its too loud for me.I also saw an epson and othet dlp projector thats noise is 20db and they were absolutely ok for me. I am using my projector as a TV. So at late time i watch tv with less sound and i am disturbed by noise, also on quiet scenes in a movie, the fans disturbing me again. So i am Searching For a projector with less noise and 4k.
Unfortunately you won't find noise free or even quiet projectors in this size. You will have to go with larger ones that have bigger fans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking forward to reviews on this one. If it has anywhere close to 3000 actual ANSI lumens it will be one of the brightest laser ust to date i believe. Something I haven't heard people mention yet is that they managed to improve contrast over the Xiaomi 4k chassis which was 3000:1. The A300 is advertising 4000:1. If they can really pull off those improvements this might be the one to get. I really want to see how it handles HDR tonemapping with that much output.

·
Registered
23 Posts
shame there was no measurements taken, eg contrast, lumens, 3D effect, etc etc, the reviewer just reads out the xiaomi press release.

·
Registered
79 Posts
And it would be interesting to know how it handles 3D and if the is also this high pitched sound that others report of the Xiaomi Mijia 4K projector.
I would like to know if the changes are worth 1000$ more than the Xiaomi one

·
Registered
5 Posts
My very own A300 arrives in the AM TODAY!!

Hi all,

I am set to receive my shinny new A300 today. I will be back with my first impressions and observations in short time thereafter.

My current setup consists of the 2017 Xiaomi Maja (1080p) so this better be a clear step up or its going back!

·
Registered
551 Posts
interesting to see the 9000 Lumens, so they say ;), in daylight view on a plain wall + ALR PET screen

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just ordered my WEMAX L1668FCF from ******** using a $1k coupon bringing the total to $2,499.99 which incidentally is one penny short of my credit limit! Wow! I wouldn't have been able to order it otherwise...

My question to owners of Chinese projectors is what power converter are you using? I am a University student and this is my largest purchase ever and I just want to make sure I don't fry it using a substandard voltage booster. I'm in the U.S. and presently looking at something like the below on Amazon (AVS won't let me share the link):
Seven Star SF500 500W 110v/220v 220v/110v Step Up/Down Automatic Transformer Adapter
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My present projector is a Brookstone Big Shot which is a 720P UST that was only sold for a limited time. On clearance it want for as little as $200. It is a masterpiece of design. Much better than the LG 1080P UST projector I previously had but that my brother wouldn't return to me. It had a large exposed mirror and a problem with hot pixels. I'm looking forward to receiving this 4k Chinese unit but want to make sure I power it using the best converter I can find.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts