AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my Crown XLS1000 amp that I ordered to use as a sub amp.

I have run into a problem.. My Denon 1513 doesn't output a high enough voltage for the Crown amp to detect.

The only way it will work is if I put the front left and front right at -12db and put the sub to +12db, and then crank the volume until the Crown is happy..

Obviously I don't want this to be long term....

Is there something for home audio that I can purchase to plug my LFE line into, increase its voltage, and then run to the crown amp?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoman  /t/1525715/xls1000-as-sub-amp#post_24565331

I recieved my Crown XLS1000 amp that I ordered to use as a sub amp.

I have run into a problem.. My Denon 1513 doesn't output a high enough voltage for the Crown amp to detect.

The only way it will work is if I put the front left and front right at -12db and put the sub to +12db, and then crank the volume until the Crown is happy..

Obviously I don't want this to be long term....

Is there something for home audio that I can purchase to plug my LFE line into, increase its voltage, and then run to the crown amp?

Thanks

Your solution is a good one actually

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar  /t/1525715/xls1000-as-sub-amp#post_24565379

Your solution is a good one actually

Theres a kicker though....... I have another XLS1000 I'm using for the main towers.... and they don't like the whole +-12db thing..

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoman  /t/1525715/xls1000-as-sub-amp#post_24565476

Theres a kicker though....... I have another XLS1000 I'm using for the main towers.... and they don't like the whole +-12db thing..

You need an XLR -10db pad in-line with the crown and pre-amp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts