AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up my in-laws's house so they have XM by the pool/backyard. What's the best way to do this?

I was looking at the SkyFi2 Boombox, but how is the quality on it?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 /forum/post/14160921

I want to set up my in-laws's house so they have XM by the pool/backyard. What's the best way to do this?

I was looking at the SkyFi2 Boombox, but how is the quality on it?

The boombox is so,so..The quality is OK, not great but passable for a portable unit..SQ and loudness will be a problem though...

If I was going to set up a backyard system I'd use wireless speakers.. Set up XM in the house, then buy a good set of outdoor wireless speakers and set them up near the pool...Of course then you'll have to go inside to change the station, but I still think soundwise that's the way to go...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This probably isn't exactly what you had in mind, but: I installed some outdoor speakers (2) around the pool. I used burial grade speaker wire. I have DirectTV and just use their XM channels when we're outside. I used the second set of speaker outputs on my preamp for the outdoor speakers and select those when we're outside. The biggest issue: can't listen to something else inside while listening to music outside.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts