AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I think I'm ready to get an XM ready Pioneer tuner installed tomorrow. My question is, what exactly is required?

On the CC website, they list the Universal tuner (with antenna), but also recommend the digital adapter; which seems to be brand specific. Do I need this, or are they just trying to make another $50?

I figured being XM ready, meant all I would have to add is the tuner, antenna, and of course to subscribe.

TIA

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, just in case anyone else was interested, the answer is yes. You do have to have both the digital tuner and brand specific adapter to go with the in-dash decks, each of which will run you another $49.

I'm still learning all the features on mine and deciding which stations I want to program in, but so far it's pretty cool.

On a side note, where do you have your antenna placed? I had assumed mine would be on the rear roof of the car, but was surprised to find it mounted on the front of the passengers side of the dash board. It's not really noticeable but I just wondered if this will affect reception.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.