AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with XM's new format. My new favorite channel is Lucy. Any other opinions on the new channels?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I'm still mourning the loss of SpecialX :(

Seems to me the took away some of the more offbeat programming and put in place more, bland, could-hear-it-on-FM stations. Nothing significant, but not a good trend.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm enjoying Lucy also, along with Fungus.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Salmoneous
I'm still mourning the loss of SpecialX :(

Seems to me the took away some of the more offbeat programming and put in place more, bland, could-hear-it-on-FM stations. Nothing significant, but not a good trend.
Ya know, I think you might be right on this Salmoneous. I have been listening to Fine tuning for quite awhile; one of my favorites, but since they moved to the rock section, it seems the playlist is a bit different. Its early so I will keep listening-- and I do like the rock selection in its own right-- but fine tuning has always been a pretty special niche.

we shall see

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first time I tuned into fungus, one of my favorite bands was on (less than jake). it was a good way of introducing it to me :).

it has found its spot on my presets.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I just wish Lucy would stick to what they were promising, nothing but giant alternative hits. It seems sometimes they dig a little too deep into the vault. I've loved alternative stuff for years, but some of the songs they've been playing I've never heard before. Isn't that what Fred is for?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talbain,

You may have a valid argument. They do play songs that I have never heard, but I am not sure what criteria they are using to determine a hit. Some of the songs may have been more popular in Europe. I rarely hear an artist that I have never heard before, so maybe these songs were hits somewhere. Fred plays a lot more music that I have never heard and they also play many more artists that I haven't heard in the past. Either way I love Lucy :D and Fungus.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lucy is OK.... but on my Delphi unit it seems to be a weaker signal. My favorite channel is "Ethel" and when I toggle between Ethel and Lucy, Ethel has a lot more punch.

Also, with Ethel, Lucy, and Fred when do we get Cuban hits - Ricky?

Maybe that would be 4 songs in a loop.

J

·
Registered
92 Posts
The best thing about Lucy and Fungus is that has opened up Fred's play list.The whole reason I bought into XM was so I wouldn't have to hear the same 10 songs all day long.Fred is now starting to did a little deeper in the vault,there is so much good music that it is a shame it goes unheard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.