AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first and only experience with XM is that I got XM in my new car for 3 months and don't drive enough to justify renewing that subscription, but would like it at home and in the car occasionally. Thought about the Pioneer Inno for hooking to car radio and then docking it to the Bose Wave Radio. It looks like it should dock ok, because the wave radio has a Aux in connector in the back, which I assume would work. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open to them. I am not stuck on either system and only chose that because of previous information from searching. I also imagine I would need a outside antenna for the XM.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You will have to buy a Inno Home docking kit, (INHOME1) and that would plug right into the Aux-in on your Bose. IMO that would be the best set-up for listening at home. The kit comes with a dock, antenna, etc. Pricewise I would think Ebay would be the best place to buy one.

I think all the home kits come with jack to RCA cable. If the Bose has RCA hook-ups you're all set, if not it shouldn't be a problem to get a mini-jack to aux-in audio cable.

If you have an A/V receiver the home docking kit will plug into that too. That's what the mini-jack to RCA audio cable that comes with the home kit is made for..

Or if you don't care about audio quality you can buy the home kit, buy an external FM transmitter, and then you will be able to listen through any FM radio in your house. The audio quality isn't good, but it works..

Any option you use you will need the home docking kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts